Shenzhen Saiga Electronic Market Know Offs and iPhone 5 News

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ChinaAzzi, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ChinaAzzi macrumors regular

Today I spent the afternoon in the Shenzhen Saiga markets checking out knockoff and asking some questions. There are 3 days before Chinese New Year and the markets were extremely busy with buyers both Chinese and foreigners from all countries doing their last minute shopping. It was shoulder to shoulder with barely enough room to move from one both to the next. Deals were being made, sellers were counting piles of RMB and staff busy packaging and moving the product to shippers. iPhone is hot and there are displays of cases in 100s of styles, charges, earphones, screen protectors and parts etc. Also quite evident are the knock off but now there are new additions, factories’ new designs for these knock off or should I say look alikes. These go beyond the colors offered by Incase, Belkin, Griffin, Xtreme, More etc. Few of my contacts had time to talk to me but those that did I picked up a hot rumor. It seems that the new iPhone will be available in February and it will not have a button on the screen. The rumor is that this change makes room for the changes that have to be made to the antena. Also they say that Case-Mate is aready building a case for this new model. If this is true they picked up the 3D images of the new iPhone before the phone is released. I wonder who else has those images. They also say this will be incorporated into the white iPhone. All of this is rumor but I found rumors from this source often becomes fact.

Tonight I placed a couple of orders for cases from a discount seller. If I get the tracking number tomorrow I will post it on a separate tread so that you can track these to see how long they take to arrive to my friends. This will help you know how long it takes for a package to arrive from China from these discount sellers. :)

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

what is this thread about? feels like you are leading to a lot of posts about nothing that has to do with accessories.

3. elan123 macrumors 6502

Im confused too... but im new, so maybe thats why...

4. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

It's all about information on what's happening in China regarding knock offs and look alike cases which is becoming a common topic so I thought that knowing about the source of these cases would help to fill in the blanks for those who have never been to China.

Also how reliable the information is from these vendors. iPhone 5 is now a hot topic and it will be interesting to see if Case-mate comes out with a case before or at the same time as the launch which can only happen if they have the images. If these sources are right and Case-mate does have their case I am very curious to find out how they got them. And how long it takes for a knock off to get on the market.

Online sellers in Shenzhen who offer accessories at a very marked down price are in question by a number of members including myself. With the product I ordered and once I have the shipping tracing numbers at least we can all follow the time it takes for a package to arrive to various parts of the world. Keep in mind this is not express air like Fedex, it is cheaper service but I personally doubt the speed and these orders will help to answer some of the doubts for me and maybe for those who are planning to buy from these online vendors. :)

5. ChinaAzzi thread starter macrumors regular

iPhone Verison Change

The lates word is the changes will be in the position of the of the buttons on the top left of the current iPhone to allow for changes to the antena. Also there is an additional sensor on the face. Case-mate made CNN news with their announcement of having a case ready to go for iPhone Verision.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

really this should be in the main iphone section since other the fact you were hanging with other Chinese iphone case makers and accessory's and it was busy. Verizon phone already has info out about the button position posted. http://www.slashgear.com/verizon-iphone-4-moved-buttons-means-att-bumpers-wont-fit-11125766/ but it's more about the already reported rumors of a new iPhone. that you should be looking for in June-July at WWDC as always.. other then that!

[​IMG]