Sheriff's lawsuit says Craigslist 'largest source' of prostitution

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Mar 5, 2009.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- this is a no-brainer. Anyone who's ever looked at personals on Craigs List knows that there's prostitution going on all over it. You'd think they would be happy to have it all in one place. ;)

I don't see this as Craigs List's problem.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...craiglist-largest-source-of-prostitution.html

2. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I dont get it. You'd think that LEO's have better things to do.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Haha! I had to go look with that kind of hook, and lo and behold it sure looks like it. Ads for "ma$$age", or asking for "60 roses". LOL... too funny (and not very subtle).

Seriously though, who cares? I mean, besides the usual suspects. I just don't understand why it's legal to pay two people to have sex in front of you while you film it for distribution, but it's not legal to pay one (or both) of those people to have sex with you with the camera turned off. It just makes no sense...

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

No- it certainly doesn't. It's completely silly. I hope this gets thrown out.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'm still waiting for the Video Professor to offer the adult version of "Buying and Selling on eBay/Craiglist"

Sort of need the know how to properly consume and sell sex in the modern age.

Especially if the first lesson is still free. ;)

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh! Nice suggestion! Send it to him! :)

7. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

LMAO my friend showed me craigslist personals once. The first thing that came to mind was Mass Prostitution.:eek:

(most of the ppl on that list are fugly. jussayin'.)

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Some of the most hilarious Best Of Craigslist listings come from the personals. :D