Sheriff's office considering charging Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

But you know even if he deserves it, he'll get away with it. Rich people can do that.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He'll get away with it and it will drive his supporters to e even more motivated to support him.

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I guess that the sheriff is competing for some sort of silliness award. Trump is no more responsible than was Sanders at Chicago's riot.

People who go to yelling and screaming in an effort to disrupt somebody's speech don't seem to understand the potential for blowback--except for the instigators who hope for it so that they can then blame the speaker.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

When has Sanders said that he wanted to punch protestors, or said that people who disagreed with him should be carried out on stretchers? It may be a bit of a stretch, but Trump has been trying to toe the line about inciting violence, and if he didn't run everything past his lawyers he might have crossed the line.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

pretty much how it will work out, Trump 2016 baby.

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Even if he's not charged, I do see two possible (albeit mutually exclusive) good outcomes from this.

One is that he plays the victim card -- "Poor me, I'm being picked on by the police. " -- so that he sounds just like every other cheap hood.

The others that he's chastened and shuts his big flapping mouth.

7. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Trump's people are just following Obama's advice by punching back twice as hard.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It also will make it much less likely for the rest of the Republican party to decide to support him. Trump can promise Christie and Carson positions in his administration in exchange for their endorsements, but that doesn't mean their supporters will follow.

Trump's 1/3rd of the Republican party will like him more than ever, but the rest of the country will hate him more, and be more likely to turn out to vote for anyone else.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I just hope Bernie ends up on top, Hillary for Jail 2016 :D

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It could be quite entertaining if both major party candidates get arrested and let out on bail to continue the campaign.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

super glue could not keep that mouth shut.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

Obama said in 2008, if they bring a knife, you bring a gun.

13. Populism, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Well, let's be fair about it, in 2008 Obama also said: "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage." So, let's just be thankful he didn't mean the things he campaigned on. Trump, however, should be held accountable for his every fart.

14. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Maybe the next time Bernie's Brown Shirts show up to disrupt freedom of speech, that's exactly what they be up against.

15. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I'm disappointed to hear you say that. Trump has clearly been inciting people, and, they have acted on it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/23/politics/donald-trump-nevada-rally-punch/

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-campaign-protests-20160313-story.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/5/donald-trump-gives-supporters-permissions-be-viole/

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

17. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Sure, Trump is the innocent victim here. :rolleyes:

At some point, Trump supporters will come to the realization that they've been duped by a conman and they're the real victims. I would say that I feel sorry for them but they truly deserve it for their shameful scapegoating and degradation of others.

18. FieldingMellish Suspended

The real duping is by Mr. Hope and Change, someone that people have been hoodwinked by.

19. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

First off, my hope and change is in Jesus Christ not President Obama. No one has ever believed that President Obama was going to deliver us from the evil of the world. That responsibility belongs to Jesus Christ. With that said, God allows men like President Obama and Martin Luther King Jr. to rise up and give believers the inspiration and hope for the changes that only God can bring forth.

20. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

What were the protesters charged with for disrupting a private event?

21. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

What private event?

And yeah, the idea that poor little Trumpty-Dumpty is the victim here would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad that people will actually defend him.

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm still about 45% sure that Trump is actually fairly left wing and running his campaign as a parody of the extreme right. In which case most of his supporters will be very disappointed.

23. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

It seems some sheriff had fifteen minutes of spare time and rolled the dice.

24. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I doubt it, Trump is certifiably nuts and the only thing worse than a bigot and a racist is someone who will use bigotry and racism as a tactic to gain power. Simply put it is cold and calculated. I can understand how someone kills another person out of passion but when they do it as a tactical means, we are talking about a whole different level of depravity.

25. FieldingMellish Suspended

You just proved a point made in another thread. That Obama was never asked by media what Hope and Change meant compared to the way media wants to know specifics on how to make America great again. So Hope and Change was left up to the public to discern what that was. Debbie Wasserman Schultz recounted with mirth how the media took Hope and Change, no questions asked, and they ran with it.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2016 ---

And this is how you recounted it to your therapist?