Didn't even wave good-bye...
Where she lay at night is now bare...
Was it something I did?
Was it something I should've done?
When will she be back?
Will she be better for leaving me?
I hope so...

:(

Stupid Powerbook trackpad issues... I hope Apple sends her back quickly...

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
SilentPanda---

PANDA CAM ROCKS!!!

That is awesome! My coworkers and I are all watching the Panda! It was doing handstands against the wall!

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
keysersoze said:
SilentPanda---

PANDA CAM ROCKS!!!

That is awesome! My coworkers and I are all watching the Panda! It was doing handstands against the wall!
That's just morning excercises... we Panda's gotta stretch ya know?

Websense blocked the Panda cam... heheh... I'd certainly hate for children to see that foulness...

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Dear Panda

You sweatheart is not far away
Cuportino, Malaysia or even Bom Bay
Don't be sad, Don't be afraid
Cause Steve Jobs and Apple Care will save the day
With issue removed, she'll be good as new
like a trip so a day spa for a stessed CPU
back she'll come to the place that now lays so bare,
together once more when you sit in you chair :)

We all are here for you!
:p

SilentPanda said:
She got on the plane without a word...
Didn't even wave good-bye...
Where she lay at night is now bare...
Was it something I did?
Was it something I should've done?
When will she be back?
Will she be better for leaving me?
I hope so...

:(

Stupid Powerbook trackpad issues... I hope Apple sends her back quickly...

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
iriejedi said:
You sweatheart is not far away
Cuportino, Malaysia or even Bom Bay
Don't be sad, Don't be afraid
Cause Steve Jobs and Apple Care will save the day
With issue removed, she'll be good as new
like a trip so a day spa for a stessed CPU
back she'll come to the place that now lays so bare,
together once more when you sit in you chair :)

We all are here for you!
*sniffle*

I feel better already.

But I think she went to Tennessee. If she comes back with country music stuck in her head she's getting sent back again though... :D

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
SFVCyclone said:
i LOVE Re-reading this post. there should be a rating system like 1-10 and this one should be wayyyy up there like at 11.
Well you can rate the thread from 1 -5 up near the top of it but unless a bunch of people "vote" it doesn't much matter... plus I don't think the post is *that* great... but it was fun to post anyhow and I do appreciate the good feedback I've gotten about it... even though I'm still sad... :(

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
she's gooone! ooohhh ohh ooooo aaaii!..

bust out that old hall and oates song she's gone lol :rolleyes:

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
virividox said:
woo hoo i love panda cam!
Off-topic but... I guess it's my thread right? :)

I noticed that out of the 4 cams that the San Diego Zoo has the Panda cam is the only one that is available 24 hours a day. The others are from 9am to 4pm. Must be because we're nocturnalish...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
SilentPanda said:
Well you can rate the thread from 1 -5 up near the top of it but unless a bunch of people "vote" it doesn't much matter... plus I don't think the post is *that* great... but it was fun to post anyhow and I do appreciate the good feedback I've gotten about it... even though I'm still sad... :(
I'm sorry to hear that. Was hoping that talking about the problem would be a mood booster. I enjoyed your limerick. Just know that we are here to support you in any way that we can.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
wdlove said:
I enjoyed your limerick.
Technically not a limerick... that would be something like:

There once was a man named McBride
He fell in an outhouse and died
McBride had a brother
They fell in another
And now they're interred side by side.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
If all goes as planned, I'll be at the San Diego Zoo next weekend. I'll break into the panda enclosure and wave to you all on the Panda Cam. I guess I'd better go easy on my bamboo cologne that day.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
Doctor Q said:
If all goes as planned, I'll be at the San Diego Zoo next weekend. I'll break into the panda enclosure and wave to you all on the Panda Cam. I guess I'd better go easy on my bamboo cologne that day.
Ahh... I can pictured the headlines in the next day paper. <Mysterious trespasser eaten alive by giant panda while frantically reaching for the webcam>

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Doctor Q said:
You know you're going to think of me when you see my friend at the zoo... :) How disturbing is that?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
SilentPanda said:
You know you're going to think of me when you see my friend at the zoo... :) How disturbing is that?
that is disturbing because there should be a seperation between MR and real life

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Funny...

In Spanish The Powerbook is male, not female. Is "el" Powerbook because is a computer and computers are male. Actually you could say "el" computador o "la" computadora but Porwerbooks are male.

How do you categorize genders in English any way if you do not have such thing? :confused:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
mymemory said:
How do you categorize genders in English any way if you do not have such thing? :confused:
there are no genders in English, so if someone wishes to assign a gender to something it is up in the air and can go either way depending on what the person chooses to do, there are no rules in english when it comes to this stuff

although i suppose gramtically speaking a powerbook should always be refered to as "it" since it is a neuter object

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Doctor Q said:
Don't worry, panda's don't eat people. They do maul them. :rolleyes:

mymemory said:
Make it up. PowerBooks are really an 'it' seeing as they do not have a gender but Apple products seem human enough to be given genders as it suits your fancy. Of course, PeeeCeee laptops are "its" or "that piece of crap" ;)