Shift From AT&T to Verizon – How to Guide for Data Transfer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dev10051981, Feb 8, 2011.

1. dev10051981 macrumors newbie

As we all know Verizon iPhone 4 is launched and might be there are viewers who want to shift from AT&T to Verizon and fear about how all the information, apps, and data will be transferred from AT&T iPhone to Verizon iPhone.

[​IMG]

Follow below listed steps to make data transfer from AT&T to Verizon iPhone 4.

Steps 1: Plug your AT&T iPhone into your computer.

Steps 2: Launch iTunes.

Steps 3: Automatically iTunes will start to sync. If it doesn’t start to sync.

• Select the device name from iTunes (In the navigation bar under DEVICES option at the left side of the iTunes Screen).
    • Right Click on the selected device name.
    • Click on Sync or Back Up option in the pop up menu (Either one will work fine).

Steps 4: Unplug your AT&T iPhone and Plug your new Verizon iPhone 4 into your computer.

Steps 5: Launch iTunes.

Steps 6: iTunes will prompt your to register the new iPhone if it has not been registered yet.

Steps 7: You will be prompted to do one of two things. set up as a new iPhone or restore from a backup.

Steps 8: Select to restore from a backup which was made by you using Steps 3.

Just have a cup of coffee and iTunes will replicate all the settings and data as your old AT&T iPhone.

http://www.unigizmo.com/1450/shift-from-att-to-verizon-how-to-guide-for-data-transfer

2. starlight0229 macrumors member

If only it was that easy, iTunes isn't letting me restore from backup. It wants me to do a total restore first, but I'm back at the office without internet on my laptop, so at least I can make calls and browse the web on my phone...

3. noodlelegs macrumors member

how do i get all of my apps on the new verizon iphone? not all of my apps transferred over.

4. dev10051981 thread starter macrumors newbie

It should do.. Try to do the backup(not sync) at first stage and then restore from the backup which is created at first stage

5. dev10051981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Might be the computer to which the iPhone was plugged in, not having the recent updates... But as a default behavious of iTunes as soon as you plug your iPhone to the computer it automatically updates the backups in the machine so that you have always updated backups when you last connected iPhone to the computer.

6. noodlelegs macrumors member

I figured it out. I had to reconnect my old iphone, then in itunes, click "Store" then "Transfer Purchases" and then I had to check the box "sync apps", then I reconnected my new iphone and synced it, and all the apps were transferred over.