Ship times on a maxed out 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BrianLy, Jun 18, 2015.

1. BrianLy macrumors newbie

Yesterday at 4pm Eastern Time I ordered a rMBP with all the options and expedited shipping. The delivery info I have is:

Available to ship: 3-5 business days
    Delivers: 26 Jun, 2015 - 29 Jun, 2015 by 2-3 Business Days

I'm going to be away on the 29th so I'd prefer that the machine was delivered on the 26th. What's the likelihood that this will happen? Who do Apple use for shipping to the US now? I'm thinking I may need to put a hold on delivery for a day.

My hope is that the options I've chosen might impact me favorably and it's available to ship before the weekend, but I suspect there is little I can do and the Apple estimate is accurate. Can't wait for this machine as it'll be a huge upgrade over my trusty 2011 MacBook Air.

TIA

-Brian

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Delivery time is an estimate. It can be earlier, but no guarantee. Should have given yourself more time before ordering, or wait until you got back. May just have to contact the carrier and see if they can put a hold on this item for a day.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

You can usually go pick it up at the depot if it's not too far from your house after the first delivery attempt.

4. Erphern macrumors 6502

I ordered an all-the-options with British keyboard 13" rMBP last Thursday and received it a day ahead of schedule this Tuesday (China->Kansas).

5. BrianLy thread starter macrumors newbie

This order was place on June 17th at 4.46pm ET and I noticed that it transitioned to "Preparing for Shipment" on at 2.19pm ET on June 19th. It's still stuck there. Maybe they've run out of power adapters and it's sitting waiting for one? :) I guess that's unlikely. Hopefully this ships out Tuesday morning local time...

[Edit: noticed that the same spec is now "Available to ship: 1-3 business days" and expedited shipping suggests the same arrival estimates as my original order.]

-Brian

6. BrianLy thread starter macrumors newbie

Received a text from FedEx at 10:39pm Eastern with a tracking number. Apple site still shows Preparing for Shipment, but FedEx states delivery by "Thur 6/25/2015 by 10:30 am". Yay!

7. sick z33 macrumors 6502

Ordered my maxed out model last Wednesday and received it today with normal shipping! Alot faster than the 3-5 days it quoted for building.