Shipment of iPhone - taking day off? Working from home?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphone5preorder, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

In light of lame policies, most of us have to ship the phone to our billing address instead of being able to ship it to work.

Since they require signature, I will be working from home to make sure I can accept the shipment. Does anyone think we will have an estimated time from the carriers on when it may arrive?

What will you be doing? Day off? Work from home? Have them hold it at the shipping center?

2. carrieann macrumors member

carrieann

I no longer have the ability to work from home, so time off it is for me! If I can figure out the time it is arriving, I'll hopefully be able to work a half day (or have the Fedex office hold it for me to pick it up in person so I don't waste an entire day waiting)!

3. fender57 macrumors 6502

It had been my experience in the past that my iPhones delivered to my house would arrive by 9am (I live in San Diego). I am currently waiting for my daughter's 5c to be delivered. I normally work from home anyway so this isn't a big imposition placed upon me.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Like all iPhone launches and shipments, usually carriers state by end of day.
    When I pre-ordered the 4S, UPS said by 6 pm that night. UPS came closer to 8 pm and he said most of his truck was filled with iPhones.

So working from home would be ideal if you can. Shipment times will likely be cited "by end of day."

5. Iphone5preorder thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info people. I'll probably play it safe and do the whole day at home. I'm just not that productive at home :)

6. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

If I see people slacking off or calling out for iPhone 5s, I'm reporting them to HR.

7. SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

Exact reason why I had to purchase my phone from sprint instead of apple, because I could not ship to my work place with apple.

Big apple fail for not allowing to ship to an alternate address. I suppose they have a logic behind it, for security purposes. But damn what a pain to deal with.

They have to realize that most of their customer base have jobs?:p

8. Iphone5preorder thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hope you are being sarcastic. If you aren't, I know your type. I work in corporate and people like you are all alone :) have fun with that.

----------

I'm not sure most apple folks have jobs. Half of them are in line right now ;).

Joking aside, yeah it's for security reasons but its bull. I paid for the phone, I should be able to decide where it goes.

9. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

This wasn't an issue when ordering the T-Mobile version for me since it's no contract and unlocked. It's going to be shipped to my work address rather than my home (billing) address. It must be a carrier requirement and not something Apple is doing, because my girlfriend (who is on AT&T) had no choice but to have her's sent to the home address which matched her AT&T billing address. Both of us ordered our phones on Apple's website.

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

UPS delivery for homes is later afternoon to night

FEDex is all over the place w/ times, but you know exactly at what time they get to your house AND you can hold for pickup in the nearest FEDex.

Both have 3 delivery attempts, UPS after the first try you can request for them to hold it for pickup at their hub (might be far from you though, while FEDex can be done at any FEDex, UPS will charge you if you leave it at a UPS store since its a franchise, but free pickup at the hub)

In the end, no need to take off from work.