Shipped replacement to Apple but no tracking update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amazingdm, Nov 5, 2011.

1. amazingdm macrumors 6502

I did the iphone advanced replacement and shipped the phone at a local shipping store on thursday but it's saturday and still no tracking update using the tracking # on the package. If apple doesn't get this I'm screwed out of $700
    Has this ever happened to anyone else?

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Did you use a company store or one of those mom 'n pop authorized shops for FedEx/UPS (assuming you're in the US)? Did you get a receipt from them showing drop-off with the tracking number?

3. Vladislav macrumors regular

Did you send just a phone itself? or did you send phone with all accessories, headphones etc. ?
    Im going to send my iphone for a replacement soon, and they told me to put in a box just a phone itself.

4. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

It was just the phone
    it was a local store but a franchise owned kind of store.. that's what fedex suggested.

Anyway I called them and they still had the phone doh! They said they'd take it to fedex for me..

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you shipped Ground, they do not pick up on weekends. If you shipped Express, they do pick up, but around 5PM in most locations.

6. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

it's overnight

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

You should get a receipt. If that phone gets "lost" by the store, you could be SOL without proof that they had it.