Shipping address for preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eff pc, Sep 13, 2012.

1. eff pc macrumors regular

Couldn't find a solid answer on this but I would like to have my iPhone 5 shipping to a different address that is not my billing address. Is this possible ordering through Apple (on AT&T). If not is is possibly through AT&T ordering?

Also, if I am using another line to upgrade, I just have to call AT&T when I get the phone and tell them that I need this phone activated on my number right? Thanks!!

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It must be your billing address for all carriers. I just changed mine and intend on changing it back.

3. eff pc thread starter macrumors regular

There is no weird may take 24 hours to take effect BS with ATT is there? Don't wanna change it then not work.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

True for carriers. Last year I had the phone shipped to a different address that is in no way related to my billing address through apple.com though

5. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Same. I hope this works.

6. eff pc thread starter macrumors regular

I've had every iPhone except for the 3G (original I did not get on launch the rest I did though) and I want to say they don't let you change it from the billing address but I could not remember that's what I was asking. Also, the first link you have there boss doesn't have an answer in it...just saying. And one of the other ones doesn't really directly answer the question.

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

You sure on all carriers?

I just did a dummy run on the 4S for Verizon, and it gives me the option to enter another address if the phone will be used at another address( assuming they will ship it to that address).

Attached Files:

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Right, its different for pre-order phones.

9. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

I'm a college student living in a different city of my parents billing address. I preordered the iPhone 4s last year and noticed it had their address. I called Apple and they allowed me to change the address. They were very understanding and helpful. I ended up canceling my preorder to wait for the iPhone 5 so I'll do the same this year.

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Same story here. I think if you call Apple, they have no problem changing it after placing the order with the account holders billing address.

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

apple will let you...the carriers (att/verizon/sprint) are the ones that don't.