Shipping has slipped to 7-10 days for all iPad models on the Apple site.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jamesryanbell, May 12, 2010.

1. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

Which works out to 2-3 weeks for delivery. Painful.

2. jamesryanbell thread starter macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I know. Sucks. lol.

3. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

I had to wait the agonizing 5-7 days shipping, with estimated delivery by May-15,ordered on May-2, shipped yesterday, of which it missed the cutoff-time with Fedex, so instead of making it here, May13 by 10:30 am, its arriving Monday, May 17th, by 10:30am.

To have to wait 10business days for shipping, and a possibility that my package misses the cutoff-time, and comes even LATER, it is un-bear-able.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

same here and i am pissed off :mad:

5. richardhunt macrumors regular

I've ordered a 32GB Wifi today let's see how long it takes. This would be my 6th Ipad as I've purchased 3 for gifts, 1 for me and 2 as favors. All on-line since I've not been able to find stock in any South Florida store. I got mine on launch date with the pre-orders shipped at home. The others have been more or less 8 to 10 days from order date. Today's is the first with the new 7 to 10 day ship date.

6. pghmacguy macrumors newbie

Ordered May 3rd at 08:13 AM, has been stuck on Prepared for Shipment for almost 48 Hours.

Delivers: May 11 - May 15...but as of right now I Highly Doubt that.

Sucks not knowing what is going on.

7. Battlestar macrumors 6502

I wonder if you are approaching your lieftime iPad purchase limit.

8. kurtfoster macrumors newbie

iPad limit of 2 per person??

I thought the iPad limit was only 2 per person? If people are buying more than 2, this might explain some of the shortage. People break the rules, and the rest or us suffer.

9. jamesryanbell thread starter macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

It's no more than two *at the same time*. He's purchased all of those he mentioned, but more than likely, not at the same time.

10. shashwat macrumors member

Is there any way one can pay extra cash for faster shipping and get the delivery sooner...
    Just asking if theres any such option..otherwise i might never be able to get an ipad for the next2months.. :(
    my friend is leaving the US next week...and m from india... :( :(
    plz rply

11. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Wow. I was under the impression that ordering online would be faster than reserving in the apple store.
    I did the in store res on a Thursday and got it the following Tuesday. 4 days (not counting Sunday)

12. VintageSlots macrumors member

How were you able to buy so many? I thought Apple limited the number of iPads that can be purchased by an individual to 2.

13. richardhunt macrumors regular

Yes, I thought the limit was 2, but I'm thinking it was for the 3G one? I have paced all 6 ipads in individual orders spread over several days as family members have hounded me for one. I've just received :apple:'s order confirmation and it says delivers on June 1st!!!!

14. livenlaugh macrumors member

Have you thought of ebay? I know its a lot of price gouging but there are some good deals to be had. I found an ipad last night for $20 more than apple. It came with free shipping, screen protector and a cover.

The other option is to check best buy. I would not look at their website as its not very reliable (it showed none instock online when there was actually 15 in the store on Thursday!). I was told to just call every morning and see if they have any.

or how about craigslist?

15. John Paul macrumors member

I had the opposite issue. I went in to the Apple Store the day after release (May 1st) and they told me it would almost certainly be "only a few days" and they could almost guarantee it would be faster going through the Apple Store than waiting the 5-7 day plus shipping that I would endure by ordering online.

Day 12 and counting. No contact yet from the Apple retail store. If I had ordered online, I'd be playing with an iPad right now. :mad:

16. three macrumors 6502a

three

Great... I am going to order my iPad late next week from the Apple online store. I am betting that I won't get it in my hands until the third week in June. Not looking forward to the wait. :rolleyes: