iPad Shipping iPad I sold on eBay - How can I protect myself from bogus disputes?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Reminisce32, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Reminisce32 macrumors regular

Reminisce32

What are some things that I can proactively do to ensure that I would win a bogus PayPal dispute if a buyer were to try to say that I sent them an item that was not as described?

So far what I plan to do is:
    1) Have UPS package it themselves and write serial # on receipt
    2) Have photos of the device's condition before I sent it.

Not sure how either would help me as far as proving that the device I sent was in like new, working condition.

Is there anything else I can do?

Also, the buyer who purchased my iPad has paid via PayPal in full but has 0 feedback on eBay and according to PayPal: "(The sender of this payment is Unregistered)", but it does say that the buyer's address is a "Confirmed Seller Protection address" and it is a U.S. address.

Should I have any concerns?

Thanks.

2. Tony78228 macrumors regular

Tony78228

what would concern me is the buyer's zero feedback. when I sold my ipad 3, I wrote "no zero feedback bidders"

3. Reminisce32 thread starter macrumors regular

Reminisce32

Mine was a Buy It Now but that might be irrelevant. I did not think to write "no zero feedback bidders." If I were to write that in future product descriptions and one still buys one could I decide to not sell it to that person without getting negative feedback?

4. MacFriedRice macrumors member