Shipping method from Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maclver, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Quick Question,

Who is Apple going to use to ship the iPhones in the states? I remember last year they used UPS and it sucked, had to go to the UPS facility and wait with about 50 other people for the trucks to arrive with the phones. But when the iPad 3 came out they used FedEx (which was the best experience). I really hope they use FedEx this year...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No one really knows. Mine came UPS and just due to sheer volume it didn't come until after 7. They don't suck, it's a lot of volume and they handle it the best they can. So your iPhone was held up a little, who cares? At least the drivers managed to finish and safely but that doesn't seem to matter among many in this forum. If FedEx has never handled an iPhone release then they too could find themselves running behind. It happens.

3. Sputnek macrumors regular

I'm hoping they go back to FedEx as well. I remember on the iPhone 4 it was FedEx for me.

4. Maclver thread starter macrumors 68020

Maclver

Its not the point that "my phone was held up". It was the fact that I paid for the UPS My Choice thing and had the package diverted to local UPS office and it showed delivered. So I went there on my lunch and they didn't have my item and told me to go to the sorting facility to find out where it was. I went there after work and they had 1 person working who said it shows delivered and I should check with the store or wait here to see if its still on the truck. For a company that has handled iPhones launches in the past really blew it last year....

5. Surrylic macrumors regular

I'm hoping for FedEx simply because my local facility is on my way home from work. UPS is so far out of the way I'd be out of luck and I don't think I can pick up on Saturdays.

I have no clue as to the actual plan though

6. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

Ups already comes at 8 to my house, I can't imagine what it would be like for them "running behind".

7. RxMac macrumors 6502

Launch will be so big, that they will likely use both UPS and FedEx.

8. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

FedEx is ramping up for a "burst" Friday Saturday & Monday... They aren't giving the days off to anyone who didn't already have it off, and they have the sign up sheet for extra help on Saturday...

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Likely Apple will be using all of the above because of the sheer volume.

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Last year the UPS driver didn't show up til 7 with my iPhone 4S.