Shipping Runaround - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lil' brudder, Sep 19, 2012.

1. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

I ordered 2 iPhone 5s shortly after they went on sale. They are supposed to arrive on Friday like normal, but they are shipping to my home address. I was hoping to change this to my work address because I realized I wouldn't be home to receive them, so I called FedEx (it had already shipped).

They told me the sender had to change the address, so I called Verizon CS. They said to call their telesales, so I did and they said they didn't know why CS couldn't do it and told me to call CS again.

So I called CS again and they got a telesales person on the line who told me that Apple barred address changes for the security of customers. Is this true? If so, it's total BS. What is threatening to my security is having over $1000 worth of equipment sit on my doorstep all day.

I'm going out of town and need them before I leave, or I'd just have them attempt delivery again on Saturday. What should I do, if anything?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If either is possible:

- call FedEx and see if they can hold it at your local delivery center then you can pick up when you can

- have a friend or family member stay at your house and sign for the package

3. lil' brudder thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I called Apple to see if they could do anything, but they were unable to because I didn't order through them.

So then I called Verizon again and asked for a supervisor. The girl who answered was able to switch it easily and apologized for my having been bounced back and forth to telesales and said that Verizon had only issued a couple of emails and hadn't really trained their employees to handle the pre-orders so there was a lot of confusion.

She switched my address, and all is good. I guess it just takes someone who actually knows what is going on. If anyone else has issues like this, call back until you get someone who isn't ignorant of what the real policies are.

4. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

Did you order directly from Apple or Verizon?

I ordered mine through Verizon and they did the same thing to my shipping address. I called this morning and Verizon changed the shipping address to my work address.