Shipping / Store Pickup Coming Soon to a BestBuy near You!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shyam09, Mar 22, 2012.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

I still have to buy my iPad. I went to my local Best Buy and i looked below the display models, and could only see iPad 2's there (all the employees were kinda busy and so i just left. I wasn't planning to buy it anyway )

Anyway, I just checked online and it looks like Shipping and Store Pickup have changed from "Not Available" (on some models) to "Coming Soon"

The only reason I'm stuck with Best Buy is I have some G.C.s waiting to be burned.

I have no idea if this is worth a thread, but letting all you still-going-to-buy an-iPad-soon "ers" get a little heads up, in case you want to buy from best buy or something!

I have to say, Apple did a wonderful job in preparing for iPad3's launch. Can't wait to get my iPad!!

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I wouldn't purchase anything from Best Buy if they were the last retailer on earth.

You aren't stuck with Best Buy either, sell the GCs on eBay or CL.

3. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68020

shyam09

could we sell the reward zone gift certificates too?

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

That I am not sure about. You can always call and ask if you can give them as a gift. That should tell you.

5. bubbaba macrumors newbie

I bought mine from Bestbuy with no problems. just don't buy their warranty for $200, go get the Applecare +, much better in my opinion. I actually have very good experiences with Bestbuy and am always premier Silver.

6. urkel macrumors 68030

IMO, the whole sales "Experience" thing is overrated. The kids at the Apple Store are better at pretending to be your BFF, but in the end the product you receive at either store is the same thing and Apple offers the same support. The thing that matters is post-sale and thats why I prefer Best Buy. 30 day returns (45 for RZ Silver members) and 18mo Payment Plans with BB Card made it easier to choke down the $2000 bill I'll be getting. So snubbing an authorized apple retailer just doesn't make sense because in the end Apple still gets our money.

7. IllIllIll macrumors 65816

And the Reward Zone points are an added benefit; it amounts to free money.

As long as you know what you're looking for and you're not an idiot, Best Buy is a perfectly good place to buy stuff from.

8. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Oh it's not just Apple products. I wouldn't buy batteries from them either.

9. Built macrumors 68020

Well said. I completely agree.