Shirtless Dads Breastfeeding their Babies (SFW)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yes, you read the title right. Now, read the article. :)

http://blogs.momaha.com/2014/04/breastfeeding-dads/

Video interview of Cruz is included as well:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When my wife and I decide to have another baby, I would do this in a heartbeat, and be damned proud in doing it.

BL.

2. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

In the next episode of The Left and The Wussification of America.

3. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Spoken like someone who has not had children and would be unsupportive of his wife/mother of his children.

Perhaps taking a look in the mirror to see what is wrong with yourself instead of criticizing these men for raising awareness about breastfeeding and supporting their wives is in order.

BL.

4. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Spoken like someone jumping to conclusions. Shocking coming from a lib.

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Obviously you're on the right and your platform runs on rejection of science and trying to promote hate, discrimination and bigotry.

Grow up, read the article and the cause (making breastfeeding, which is perfectly natural and has been done for thousands of years less stigmatizing), and then comment.

6. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I love science. Only hate the Devil. Discrimination and bigotry are not ok, to an extent. I read the article. Seems I've struck a nerve. Go on and tell us all how I'm sure you have a friend/acquaintances on Facebook who post about this yada yada like you do with every other thread in PRSI.

7. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

I posted this.

From a blog.

In a newspaper.

From my hometown.

I'm pretty sure there's only so much foot that your mouth can swallow. But keep going, and we'll see if the ankle fits as well.

BL.

8. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I wasn't even typing to you but keep whatever you need to do to feel important.

9. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

I look at my wife, son, and daughter. I don't need to question the importance of my life.

What i do find rather sad is that you've taken the stance of trying to turn this into a political issue, when this is all about men stepping up and being fathers to their children, and supporting husbands to their wives.

But keep on trying to make this a liberal vs. conservative thing. It must be the only way for you to feel important.

BL.

10. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Politics, Religion and Social Issues

12. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

This is a social issue, not political. It's in the right forum, but you're the one making it political.

At first I thought this was about men actually breastfeeding their kids( males do have mammary glands, but they are not developed unless they have a hormone imbalance, etc).

:p

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

14. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Ok then explain how this is "left" and "wussification of America".

It's pretty ballsy in my opinion to pose for such a picture. I personally wouldn't do it but I give props to these guys for doing so.

15. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

What is that?

16. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

Spoken like someone who has no idea what it takes to be a real man.

Spoken like someone who thinks with the lizard part of their brain. Doesn't surprise me that this came from a con.

17. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Don't get me wrong, they have the right to do it on planes and in public, but discretion is appreciated. It's not required, but if I'm on a plane next to a woman bare chested breast feeding, I dunno.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You are using the same big brush he is. Both of you could paint a room with that brush.

Thanks for the article Brad L

----------

I don't see the problem if they do. :)

----------

If you don't stare at others when they eat, don't state at the woman breast feeding, problem solved.

19. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

How is it the same brush when I'm talking directly to him?

20. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

I have sympathy for Cruz.

It sucks to be rather helpless in not being able to support your wife in a breastfeeding class, where fear and others being uncomfortable with having men in the class, especially when she needs the support.

Because of that lack of support, a lot of women simply give up and go to formula, which is costly, especially when the baby can get what it needs for free.

And because the man can't be there in the class, how is he going to be able to help if there is truly a problem, like recognizing when there is a bad latch, compression stripe, or milk blisters (all of which my wife has had with nursing our daughter)?

We were lucky to have a doula available to see the latching problems we had and recommended an IBCLC (lactation consultant), but I still felt like I was on the outside and couldn't do anything to help, and that is the worst feeling a father and husband can have.

So something like this that raises that awareness is wonderful. And like I said, if I have the chance to do this, I'd do it in a heartbeat, as it takes a real man to support his wife and family.

BL.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

The conservative part. You assume all conservatives are the same way

22. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I have my personal feelings. I do not believe my personal feelings should govern what others do on this issue. I was simply voicing my opinion. 99% of the time I'm not bothered. Things just get weird on airplanes.

----------

This "real man" crap needs to stop. There's no such thing as a "real man". If there were a real man, he wouldn't take credit for things he's supposed to do.

"I take care of my family!"

What do you want? a cookie?

23. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

I'll stare if it's in public.....don't like it don't do it in public. Same thing
    when women going braless with a low cut shirt that bend over in public...
    Damn right I'm gonna stare.

public |ˈpəblik| adjective
    1 of or concerning the people as a whole: public concern | public affairs.
    • open to or shared by all the people of an area or country

I agree pure lefty wussifacation.....

24. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

And this is part of the problem, and why there is that stigma. And why these men are doing what they are doing. But I'll put it this way.

You look at it as a women's right to pull out her breast to feed. Everyone else looks at it as the child's right to eat. If you don't like people staring at you when you eat, then do us a favour: don't eat.

Until then, I would say that a child's right to food has a bit more importance over you wanting to steal. Again, now we have to wonder where that stigma comes from. We really have to wonder.. :rolleyes:

BL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.