Shirvell Threatens to Sue University of Michigan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Oct 27, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/10/27/Shirvell_Threatens_to_Sue_University_of_Michigan/

How is this insane person still allowed to keep his job?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So if the AG gets the ban lifted, shows up on campus, and gets curbstomped by some angry homos, would he just be getting what he deserved?

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I am very much afraid of what this psycho could do. There's something seriously wrong with this guy that he's this obsessed with a college kid. He does not belong in the attorney general's office, that's for sure. He's going to try to hurt somebody, that should be obvious. Why the hell would he be fighting to go on this campus in the first place? He has no business there.

4. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    He probably fancies Armstrong. You know the way these things go.

5. Queso macrumors G4

He should be allowed on, but on the condition that he is accompanied at all times whilst on the university's property. I think he's pretty much shown he cannot be trusted around Chris Armstrong, and the university owes it to all members of the student body to ensure they are protected.

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh, I'm almost 100% positive of that.

It's only a matter of time before this guy does something crazy.

7. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I went to Michigan, and it's very much a campus integrated into Ann Arbor. So, on top of the obvious problem of being restricted from a pool people for campaigning purposes, there is the problem that it would be very difficult to visit a large portion of Ann Arbor with the ban in place.

Furthermore, as an Alumni, he may want the ban lifted because it prohibits him from attending sporting events (like Michigan Football, which no Alumni should EVER be prohibited from attending).

If the student has dropped his OP request, then the ban doesn't do anything but punish the AG for being accused of harrassment. I said accused because the suit was dropped, so there was no finding by a Court that any accusation is true. Obviously, any future harrassment could and should result in charges.

(edit) Also, don't forget a ban from campus is a pretty extreme measure considering other people who commit similar acts and even are found guilty of certain crimes aren't banned from campus.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

while I agree this guy is a nut case and should loss his job I do agree that UM needs to drop the ban. It really does not have a legal reason to stop him.

Can someone provide me a link to the original story on exactly what this guy did. I vaguely remember it happening.

9. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Unless they're creepy stalkers of college students. :D

10. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

If that were the case, the SEC stadiums would be half-empty.

11. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Here you go:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1022846