Shock Jocks Rip Obama Pride Declaration

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jun 18, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

WTF is wrong with people? Why can't they just leave others to their lives? And they obviously intended to offend people.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/06/18/Shock_Jocks_Rip_Obama_Pride_Declaration/

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The gay community, like every other community, is not above being made fun of.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

You're right, but it goes far beyond that. Watch the clip. Making fun of people is one thing, and I can take that. But there's a very real hatred behind it, as well as a very serious agenda.

4. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

If you can't laugh at yourself, then you've got bigger problems than someone making fun of you.

However, where do you draw the line? If the show was making fun of fat people, would that be okay? How about black people? How about religious groups? Does a line even need to be drawn? I'm having trouble formulating an answer here...

5. Queso macrumors G4

A religious show has a go at LGBT people, and claims we're all just sinners. Quelle surprise :rolleyes:

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Hey- I don't mind being made fun of. But when it's a bunch of people who mean to do us legal harm, it takes a different tone.

Well, that's how they excuse their nastiness anyway.

7. Queso macrumors G4

True, but I'm passed caring what that bunch of ***** think. Let them spout their nastiness all they like. They're a dying breed, for all their unjustified sense of entitlement about telling others how to live.

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Obviously, they aren't dead yet. Nor do I think they ever will be. I think it's naive to think these kinds of attitudes are going away any time soon.

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Started watching this.

So keeping the government out of people's religious lives if offensive but giving equal recognition to gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and trans-genders?

Are there even hate groups for trans-genders? Of course there still isn't proof that gay is "genetic" (at least proof homophobes will accept) but how could you "choose" to be a transgender? How can people be willing to hate a group of people that literally, without debate, did not have any decision or influence in how they are?

Seriously sickening the attitude of many of our fellow citizens/human beings.

Man Lee, I can't imagine how hard it is to be gay sometimes. I heard the sex is way better but that's can hardly be worth it. ;)

I feel extraordinary lucky to be a white, not terribly unattractive, straight male in this world.

EDIT:
    OMG. All this homophobia is based on religion. Why am I not surprised? If there is a God, he probably thinks this is hilarious. :D

10. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Nope- if there's a god- he's probably really PO'd.

BTW- the video gets worse further in. It starts with jokes and then gets serious.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I couldn't make it past the first quarter, too much religious mumbo jumbo.

12. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Sigh. Alabama. Where a tedious sermon counts as being a "shock jock."

Hey, look over there! Isn't somebody in South Carolina doing something humiliatingly stupid? Everybody go stare at them for a while.

The non-apology was simply preposterous. Hey, Burgess, when I say you are an ignorant, spiteful moron with a peanut-sized brain who only helps perpetuate the stereotype of Alabamians as inbred idiots, that's only from my viewpoint, and is by no means meant to offend or alienate anyone who does not share my point of view. About your tiny, tiny brain.

13. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

in the intrest of being fair, when is national straight person month??:confused:

i think it odd that Homosexuals dont wish to be treated differently yet they need their own month...are you special or not? Can we make up our minds?

14. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Every month is national straight person month.

15. Queso macrumors G4

Every month either side of LGBT month, from the beginning of humanity until the end of it.

Just because they don't publicise it doesn't mean it's not the case.
    Maybe if so many straights didn't put so much effort into attempting to brush us under the carpet we wouldn't feel the need to be noticed.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I never really got the national month thing either (didn't even realize this month was claimed), but these guys are retarded.

17. Queso macrumors G4

In this case Obama's LGBT Month is just an excuse for no action on anything important.

18. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

but WHY?!?

if thers no difference between Homosexuals and straight people (other than the obvious), why do we need a month for it??

We dont have national man month, or national woman month.

If homosexuals want to be treated just like everyone else, they they need to do away with all this this "give us special treatment crap", and try and live like normal people.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I had heard the house and some committee voted in favor of repeal of DADT, never heard anything about it going to the senate though.

Its probably pretty hard to live like normal people when they are treated like sub-humans who can't get married to partners or serve in the military.

20. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Funny.

21. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

Granted not being able to serve in the military is total BS

22. Queso macrumors G4

Ah right. Of course if we just sit down and shut up full equality becomes inevitable. I see what we're doing wrong now.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Honoring is now special treatment? Gee I guess we should do away with every instance of pomp and ceremony in this country, because clearly giving a little recognition to people is "special treatment".

Sorry timmy, no birthdays, we wouldn't want to give you special treatment.

Sorry soldier, no medal for you, I know you single handedly carried ten people out of that firefight, but no special treatment, period.

Do you see how ridiculous this line of thinking can go?

24. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

Im mearly suggestion that if you want equality, having your own month is the wrong way to go about it.

Sooo, you're saying its an honor to be gay?

So i should strive to like men just so i can have my own month?

I dont see your logic.

I just want my own "straight white man month" lol, is this too much to ask?

25. Queso macrumors G4

Do you seriously think a large group of LGBT people stormed Washington and demanded it?