Shoot! I'm about to get throttled!!!

khong1010

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
San Jose, CA
It only has been a week since I got my iphone5 and I already used 649MB upload and 4.1GB download.

I think this heavy LTE usage is due to iTune match streaming...

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
It only has been a week since I got my iphone5 and I already used 649MB upload and 4.1GB download.

Why don't you just look-up and see what has been using all the data? And then stop using that app over LTE!!

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012

You do not have to guess as you phone has the ability to tell you which program was using all the memory.

JCfromTB

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa Bay, FL
3mbps on Sprint?
Must be a mirracle, everyone else gets barelly 0.5mbps and that's if they're lucky.
Mind as well go back to 2007 and use my original iphone on 2G:D
I actually have no idea what speeds I get. As long as I can load the stuff I need to load, I've never experienced any real lags in the network. Not looking to download gigs of media on my phone.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I actually have no idea what speeds I get. As long as I can load the stuff I need to load, I've never experienced any real lags in the network. Not looking to download gigs of media on my phone.
I actually like to load my data fast and not sit there and wait a minute for sites to load or an email to download etc...
You should download a speedtest app to find out what you're actually getting. 3mbps on Sprints 3G is very rare but like you said since you dont know it was a very generous guess:)

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Why don't you just look-up and see what has been using all the data? And then stop using that app over LTE!!
Yeah, don't use the app with the fastest service you have!

Goodness, didn't you know that you should only use the apps with little to no data on the LTE network?

Duh!