Short Hills, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by SteinyD, Jun 23, 2010.

1. SteinyD macrumors newbie

Anyone showing up at the Short Hills Mall? I assume the entrance under the parking lot nearest the Apple Store will be the entrance that opens?

How have the lines for reserved i-devices been in the past?

2. bendrucker macrumors newbie

I'll be there a little after 6 tomorrow. I reserved my iPad and picked it up in launch day. I showed up slightly after 9 AM that time and moved through the line in about 10 minutes. It may be a little more chaotic because of all the pre-order issues, but we'll see.

3. snoozingpug macrumors newbie

I can't get there until a little past noon. Hoping that any kinks are worked out early on and it will be a smooth process for reservation pickups!

4. dfnj123 macrumors 6502a

Leaving to go to the AT&T store at the mall in about an hour...

I have a pre-order so I'm not in a rush ;)

5. SteinyD thread starter macrumors newbie

Just got back home (8:30a) with my phone. I got there at 6:15. Very long snaking line outside. One line. Just after 7a they started splitting the line into reserve and non-reserve. When I left, the non-reserve line was still long and they weren't sending anyone away. It would appear they have alot of phones for non-orders.

The line was much longer when I left at 8:30 but they were moving people through pretty quickly. No computer / AT&T system problems as of this morning.

6. ramennoodle macrumors newbie

Long Line!

Hey SteinyD. . .was nice chatting with you this morning while we were waiting. Did not get a chance to say goodbye after we got int the store. Anyway got my wifes phone to her before she left for the beach. Good luck with yours. . :)

7. SteinyD thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi - I'm glad you wrote! I assume you know this is me (David) because I said I had started this thread last night?

I'm glad you wrote because I had gotten caught up in the excitement of being drawn into the store and later realized I walked away without saying anything! I looked for you through the store after I checked out but didn't see you. I'll send a PM with my email address. Feel free to keep in touch. Would be interested to know about your new phone experience!

Happy birthday to your wife .. I hope she enjoys the phone and lengths you went to please her ;)

P.S. - I bought mobileme and will install it a bit later today.

Regards,
    David

8. SteinyD thread starter macrumors newbie

It would appear I can't send you a PM .. let me know if there is another way to get my email address to you ..

9. ramennoodle macrumors newbie

10. SteinyD thread starter macrumors newbie

sent

11. autodestruct macrumors newbie

Lines

Anyone know the current conditions of Short Hills? I couldn't find many Twitter updates.

I stopped by the mall at about 10:30. The line was snaking around outside, and was quite long. The Apple store guy said once inside the building, the wait was an hour.

They didn't seem to separate the lines for those that reserved and those that didn't. Whats the sense in reserving then? I reserved so that hopefully I wouldn't have to wait in as long a line.

Argh...

12. SteinyD thread starter macrumors newbie

The lines are separated once you get inside. They periodically take reservation folks out of the outside line and fill in the gaps in line inside the mall as people move through. I was there at 6:15 this morning and left at 8:15. They seem to have alot of stock for no-reservations thus lots of people still there.

13. autodestruct macrumors newbie

Thanks for the update SteinyD! I think I'll try later in the day... 3ish...

14. dfnj123 macrumors 6502a

I stopped by at 9 am to pick up my order from the AT&T store (my phone wasn't delivered yet, was told it would arrive later :mad: )...

... but the line at Apple looked crazy... Honestly I thought there could have been 400-500 people

One line went outside all the way to the Legal Seafood entrance, and the other line went in the other direction to the service entrance to Macy's... made me feel really good about having a pre order...

... the workers at the AT&T Store seemed pretty pissed though that Apple was getting all the business and they weren't...

15. dfnj123 macrumors 6502a

AT&T just called and said my iPhone was finally in stock... :)

... will give an update on the situations at the AT&T and Apple stores if no one has posted an update by the time I get back...

16. SteinyD thread starter macrumors newbie

That line is actually one line. It starts on the Macys side of the entrance and then wraps back to the other side of the entrance by Chipolte. It then runs down the sidewalk to Legal Seafood. THAT is the end of the line. The separation of reserve and non-reserve is inside. Apple folks take reserve people out of line starting from the front when there is more room inside the mall entrance.

17. SteinyD thread starter macrumors newbie

Status?

Anyone have a status of reserve / no reserves for Short Hills as of tonight? Still lines? Still have people waiting for no reserves?

BTW, a tip - Best Buy has screen protectors from iFrogz and Zagg. They are out of the full body covers from Zagg but still have the front protection. For anyone wanting to cover their device with something other than a bumper and screen protection they have several other accessories.