Short Pump - Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by AbSoluTc, Oct 6, 2011.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Anyone going to be there? How was it last year? I want my phone in the morning ASAP however I really don't want to deal with HUGE lines so I am thinking of just ordering online and having it shipped instead.

Then again, would be cool to meet some new people! :cool:

2. Dubthedankest macrumors regular

It's looking like I'll be there.

Last year I got there at 5AM and was maybe 50 back in the reserved pick-up line. The non-preorder line was already huge at that point, maybe 100 people. Since there is no preorder line this year the crowds could be huge. Let's hope not though. Hopefully everyone had them shipped.

3. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I decided to avoid all that and ordered from AT&T when the orders went live. I tried Apple but their system was too jammed. So an hour after trying, I just went to AT&T and was done in 2 minutes. Mine is shipping soon from the info.

4. Dubthedankest macrumors regular

Wish I'd done the same. Because I'm planning on switching from AT&T to Verizon next year I was on the fence about waiting for an unlocked phone in November or re-upping for another 2 yr contract with AT&T and getting the phone now but canceling the contract in a year. Looks like it's pretty much a wash and I missed the window for launch day delivery so now I'll be at the store bright and early on the 14th.

5. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

kinda off topic . how busy are the other Va apple stores during a launch. just curious.

....:apple:

6. surferboi2005 macrumors newbie

I plan to maybe try to get there around 630 or 700 on friday morning but not sure yet.. if its anything like the ipad 2 launch (first one i have ever gone too) yea would pretty much be back over by dicks sporting goods in line

7. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

:eek:

i was too late for the ipad 2 launch, cause i couldn't get anyone to work for me that day. got there at like 715pm and they said you can wait here, but there is no guarantee you'll get what u want. and sure enough i was there for 10 min. maybe and they sold out of 16gb versions.

i'll be more prepared this time tho!

.....:apple: