shouid i wait it out? I have an iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trance, May 14, 2012.

1. Trance macrumors 6502

I skipped on the 4S cause i didn't have a contract renewal, now that I do should I get the 4s or wait for 5* nothing is wrong with my 4 but a slight few scratches on the screen.

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

At this point, I would wait
    Nothing wrong with your 4

3. 184550 Guest

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Unless its broken, WAIT it out a bit or be prepared to kick oneself in the REAR end for not doing so. ;)

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Always upgrade whenever possible.

Since your bill doesn't go down when your contract is up, by not taking the upgrade ASAP, you're giving the phone company more of your money for no reason.

Sell your 4, buy the 4S, just before the 5 is officially announced, sell it. Use the leftover money from your 4 and all the money from the 4S to buy a new 5 off contract.

If the phone was still set on a June release, it'd be a different story, but 5 months is a long time and, since you're obviously interested in upgrading since you started this thread, you may as well make the leap.

6. Laidbackal macrumors regular

7. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

Wait, the 4 is still a great phone, it's still plenty fast and whatnot. Heck people are still using the 3GS which is quite a bit slower than the 4, so the smart thing to do is wait.

8. sjinsjca macrumors 68020

sjinsjca

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

as always it's up to you latest rumors say Sept-October for the next iPhone.

10. MrKennedy macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

Just hang tight with your 4.

11. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

If I a perfectly working iPhone 4, I'd wait it for the new iPhone to be released in October at this point. If your iPhone 4 was totally shot and you had to live with a dumb phone for 5 more months, that would be a completely different story.

Although cyks has a point with his post above.

12. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

If I was in your shoes I would wait.

You couldn't be in a better position

13. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

And previous "rumors" had it for July. Next round of "rumors" will be January.

Unless I hear it from Steve Jobs himself, I wouldn't put.......oh wait. Nevermind.

14. rattler macrumors regular

The iPhone 4S is already more than halfway through it's life cycle, so just wait it out.

15. Sunsean macrumors 6502

I think the best reason to wait is that you will probably be using whatever phone you use the upgrade on for a while, and the truth is you won't notice a HUGE difference between your 4 and the 4s. It's definitely an upgrade, but you will definitely get more bang for your buck in an exciting new phone by waiting until the big release in the fall. If you get the 4s now, you will feel like you are practically using the same phone, and like someone else said, you'll kick yourself when the new one comes out.

16. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Not a huge difference between the two. WAIT!!!

17. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

wait.

You either get an android now with a quad core or snapdragon s4 cpu or just wait. The iphone 4s is outdated.

If the iphone 5 is still using a 3.5" screen then its time to move on to the One S/X or SGS3.

18. harcosparky macrumors 68020

HA!

Mine is broken with that not so uncommon 'dead microphone' problem.

I called Apple and they tried to convince me it was a 'software' issue, but when I told them .... " when I hit the phone on the table the mic starts working again " they said "oh it *might* be a hardware issue."
    "
    If I take the back off and tighten down one screw it works for about a daddy then it stops again.

I'll tolerate the nonsense and wait for the next phone. If it is a complete redesign I may give it a shot. If it is in the 'iPhone 4' form factor I may go with something else.

19. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

There's barely any difference between the 4 and the 4S. You'd be crazy to upgrade now.

20. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

When I upgraded from the 4, I was completely underwhelmed by the differences. Not a big upgrade in my opinion. Wait for the next generation.

21. gobes macrumors member

My iPhone4 contract runs out next month, but I'm holding out for the new iPhone,
    Just switch your tariff to sim-only, rolling monthly contract until you want to upgrade. This will avoid paying the inflated amount you pay when you're paying off the handset.

22. charliecc macrumors regular

Wait it out, you already pretty much have the 4S.

The only difference you would notice between the 4 and the 4S is that you can talk to the 4S. So if you want to look like a twat talking to your phone get the 4S, it wouldn't understand 60% of what you say to it anyway.

23. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

wait it out, chances are beta 6 will be released next month or the latest July. Get an invite for the beta from someone(easy to find)

That should make you happy until release

24. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

This is the most asinine reasoning I've ever heard for locking yourself into a new 2 year contract with an out of date phone.