Should Apple Have Waited 1 Month Longer to Release the iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 73b, Oct 11, 2014.

?

Should Apple have waited one month longer to release the iPhone 6?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. No

68 vote(s)
    75.6%
  1. 73b macrumors regular

73b

I received my iPhone 6 on release day and it already no longer feels new. Its only feature is an increased screen size, and the display itself doesn't even look better than my 5. The battery life and camera are nice, but otherwise most of its features lie in iOS 8, which hasn't been "fully" released yet. Apple Pay still has not been activated, and many other features involve OSX Yosemite, which also hasn't been released. Apple should have either waited another month to release the phones or been more prepared in September.

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

Apple should've waited until much later to release iPhone 6.

- use an different material and make the phone more rigid.
    - make the camera not protruding.
    - fit in a bigger battery (even if it means to sacrifice some thin-ness)
    - get Apple pay and Health going (still no idea how to work Health)
    - get Apple Watch launch at the same time.
    - get IOS 8 to work less glitchy from the start.

3. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

I posted this same thing on the Apple forum and it got deleted. They said it wasn't contributing anything to the discussion. I also posted about going a week later to the Apple store to get a phone and they made me wait for an hour and half in line with one other person in front of me before I finally just left. They deleted that post also.

4. leenak macrumors 68020

the iOS 8 features are coming, you have a phone. if you wanted to wait until the ios8 features were fully available, you could've waited to buy your phone.

5. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

Sounds like you have iPhone 6 plus envy

6. GLS macrumors 6502

Sure, they could have waited.

And then people would bitch that Apple hadn't released the iPhone yet, and Samsung was passing them by.

7. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

Yes they should have waited since apparently someone forced you to buy the phone before the features you wanted were available.

I feel bad for you.

8. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

What is the world would waiting a month have done? The iPhone 6 would have been the iPhone 6. These phones are made long before they are released. A month would have done nothing. If you really don't like what Apple did. You need to wait until the iPhone 7 is released.

9. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

No. I'm glad they released it when they did. The software features can come later, and it's not like Apple is going to charge you to upgrade.

10. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

You can't have an avatar until a gazillion posts, but anyone can create a useless poll...

11. 73b thread starter macrumors regular

73b

So you see no problem in releasing an unfinished product? A release alongside Yosemite and Apple Pay would have made the phone much more complete.

12. leenak macrumors 68020

It isn't unfinished. The OS update isn't quite there but it'd still not quite be there if you had an iPhone 5. The update you got was a hardware one and if you wanted to wait for the software update, you could've.

13. terraphantm macrumors 68040

The hardware release dictated the software release date.

14. Camwin macrumors member

Your phone is basically a preorder for your software. :)

15. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I don't see what difference one month makes in the grand scheme of things. Mobile phones tend to have a development cycle of one and a half to two years. You really can't wait a month for Apple Pay? Best to let users get accustomed to their new devices. I do find it unacceptable that iOS 8.0, 8.0.1, and to some degree 8.0.2 had such significant bugs on the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but no one will remember them in a few months.

16. madsci954 macrumors 68030

And you realize the new iPhone won't be out until 2015, probably early spring. And the whole internet would be slamming Apple "c'mon Apple, where the **** is the new iPhone!?!?" And competitors mean while, slowly releasing new stuff.

17. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Half of those things have nothing to do with the time it takes to develop them, they are merely design considerations and decisions. Waiting longer would not have changed them.

18. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Maybe they just don't appreciate a perfectly good whine.

19. bxpyddelfel macrumors newbie

I posted this same thing on the Apple forum and it got deleted.[​IMG]

20. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

No because then the ****storm would most definitely still be in full swing tell the end of Christmas and New Years and thats no fun. The faster we can get us early adopters suited up with our new phones the faster regular folks can walk into the store and buy the phone they see on TV all day without having to wait 3 weeks.

21. Rockies macrumors 6502

Its all about revenue and pleasing the shareholders. Losing a month of revenue before the end of 2014 would be huge...world wide. The NEXUS was just released today, and I feel that the Iphone 6 is already dated:(

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I don't think it would have made a difference.

And why does it have to feel new? It's a phone..a tool.. just use it and be happy.

23. ttmrn macrumors regular

Omfg!! make me wait one more month and i'll DIE!!!!

24. UltimaKilo macrumors 6502

The record breaking sales would indicate "no". You don't have to purchase the phone on launch if you didn't want to; I never like purchasing the first batch of any new product anyways.

While the camera protrusion and lack of RAM are disappointing, a month wouldn't have changed anything. You can wait until the iPhone 6S for that.

25. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If you are already unhappy/bored with you new phone, imagine how you will feel 6 months from now.

I am glad to have my 6 and enjoying the heck out of it. As the updates come, I will be even more happy even if I do not use Apple Pay!