Should cancel pre-orders!!

Monica1555

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
boston
Cancel pre-order and use Idevicechecker.com or apple site to get phone faster. Plenty of 6+ and 6 phones available with sprint, at&t and verizon.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Cancel pre-order and use Idevicechecker.com or apple site to get phone faster. Plenty of 6+ and 6 phones available with sprint, at&t and verizon.
Is this your strategy so you get yours faster? Tell people to cancel their orders, heh we're smarter than that. :D

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Plenty of 6 models in all sizes, but mainly 16GB Plus models. So if you are looking for a 6, should not be an issue.

Monica1555

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
boston
I don't follow various threads. I got my 6+ on launch day :D
I pre-ordered 6+ via sprint on 9/12. Got no updates, no tracking, no answers so canceled preorder on Tuesday this week and settled for 6 at sprint store. Went online on Thursday and saw that 2-3 stores in area had 6+. I returned 6 (cost me $35 restock) and then got the 6+ , 64gb

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I pre-ordered 6+ via sprint on 9/12. Got no updates, no tracking, no answers so canceled preorder on Tuesday this week and settled for 6 at sprint store. Went online on Thursday and saw that 2-3 stores in area had 6+. I returned 6 (cost me $35 restock) and then got the 6+ , 64gb
Nice! Something to keep in mind is Sprint phones are in least demand.

Truthfulie

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2013
This is partially true for some people. I checked the model I pre-ordered for my father, 6+ 16GB in Space Grey. Checked the website and it can easily be bought at the local retailers. Too bad the pre-ordered shipped already(though the phone is still somewhere in the air) by the time I knew about the site.

budselectjr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah, so for Target, yes they are in stock but they are most likely pre-orders. I called and asked and yes, they did have them but almost all of them were pre orders.

Carolina blue

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
NC
Amazing how the verizon iphone 6 plus 128gb is not available in any store in the united states
I was able to cancel my pre-order this afternoon. I have been studying the patterns of store shipments all week and every day at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. local time if any stores in the area do get a shipment in they will update the stock for online pickup and today at 2:00 p.m. I was able to see that four apple stores within an hour of my house showed available online and I had enough time to log online and cancel my pre-order, then wait for my eligibility to reset which took between 3-5 minutes, and then I still had time to place my order for pickup. Processing only took exactly 20 minutes and the phone was ready for pickup before I could even get to the apple store. You can find iphones without having to wait 3-4 weeks it just takes time and research and I never gave up until I found exactly what I was looking for (Verizon 6+ 128 Gb Space Grey) after passing up on some other configurations that were already available. I just wanted to share my success story because I myself was so very frustrated and it got to the point that it was personal. So to everyone out there frustrated don't give up it is possible to get the phone you want before November.

ChrisStunner

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
I was able to cancel my pre-order this afternoon. I have been studying the patterns of store shipments all week and every day at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. local time if any stores in the area do get a shipment in they will update the stock for online pickup and today at 2:00 p.m. I was able to see that four apple stores within an hour of my house showed available online and I had enough time to log online and cancel my pre-order, then wait for my eligibility to reset which took between 3-5 minutes, and then I still had time to place my order for pickup. Processing only took exactly 20 minutes and the phone was ready for pickup before I could even get to the apple store. You can find iphones without having to wait 3-4 weeks it just takes time and research and I never gave up until I found exactly what I was looking for (Verizon 6+ 128 Gb Space Grey) after passing up on some other configurations that were already available. I just wanted to share my success story because I myself was so very frustrated and it got to the point that it was personal. So to everyone out there frustrated don't give up it is possible to get the phone you want before November.
OMG I just did this exact same thing a couple of days ago. I swear, word for word, I experienced everything that you said. Even the exact same iPhone model. I'm in love with her new phone, it was worth all the hard work

jvette

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
I have to agree with the original post. Use IdeviceChecker and pre-order at an apple store and then cancel your other order and go pick it up. I did that without a problem. Got tired of waiting while they kept showing up at stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.