Should I be worried about the backlash from scuff gate?

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I have a white iPhone with no problems, but the negative backlash to the black iPhone and the scuff problems seems pretty bad. I there any chance apple will recall the iPhone, or how do you think they will handle it?

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Apple made it through the atenna issues with the iPhone4 with no recall. There is not a chance in hell it does a recall for scuffs.

Are people upset about the scuffs? Sure. But as typical that anger is magnified by the power of the internet (i.e., anyone without scuffs is not wasting their time posting about it).

And in the minute chance there is a recall, I don't see why you think you should be worried about it. Backlash?? Do you think people are going to attack you because you went with the white phone?

If you have a iPhone 5 and there are no issues with it, then ENJOY it. Don't worry about what may happen to other folks phones or that suddenly three months down the line the aluminum in your phone will degrade and start scuffing. Just protect your puchase as you see fit and enjoy the product.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I always have a case on mine so I should be fine. Thanks for the reply!:)

Apple made it through the atenna issues with the iPhone4 with no recall. There is not a chance in hell it does a recall for scuffs.

Are people upset about the scuffs? Sure. But as typical that anger is magnified by the power of the internet (i.e., anyone without scuffs is not wasting their time posting about it).

And in the minute chance there is a recall, I don't see why you think you should be worried about it. Backlash?? Do you think people are going to attack you because you went with the white phone?

If you have a iPhone 5 and there are no issues with it, then ENJOY it. Don't worry about what may happen to other folks phones or that suddenly three months down the line the aluminum in your phone will degrade and start scuffing. Just protect your puchase as you see fit and enjoy the product.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I have a white iPhone with no problems, but the negative backlash to the black iPhone and the scuff problems seems pretty bad. I there any chance apple will recall the iPhone, or how do you think they will handle it?
Do you think they may come to your house to take it from you? Much like the secret Apple police that went to that Gizmodo guy's house to take back the iPhone 4 prototype?

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Do you think they may come to your house to take it from you? Much like the secret Apple police that went to that Gizmodo guy's house to take back the iPhone 4 prototype?
Yeah. That's exactly what I meant. Whatever. I just meant basically am I safe from a possible recall. Never mind then.