Should I be worried about the cost of my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ReviewPC, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ReviewPC macrumors member

I placed an order for a iPad 3G 16GB. The final price with tax?

$666.74

Can anyone say omen? ;)

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The original Apple I cost $666, too.

3. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

You do have a 74 cent buffer zone. ;). Not completely evil.

4. ReviewPC thread starter macrumors member

I thought that too, until my friend reminded me that 7+4 = 11, aka the 11th commandment. Yea, I know GREAT friends. ;)

5. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

Dude, there is no god and therefore there is no devil either. You're cool.

I really wish we could see stats on sales by unit. At 3G's price point, I am curious about why you wouldn't spring for another $100 to double your storage space. If it's a strict budgetary issue I completely understand, but if it's not...isn't it worth a little more to get twice as much?

6. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Quickly upgrade to the 32GB:). You'll be fine.

7. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I agree, the 74 cents completely negates the 666 evil number. Unless of course you see a refund for 74 cents on your next credit card statement .. :eek:

8. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

There is no Macrumors Forums either.. You can't prove it!

9. ReviewPC thread starter macrumors member

I manage my files very well and have never maxed out any storage device. In addition I have tons of TB of NAS space in my home office. Even with my iPhone (and the computers naturally) I can access my NAS and it's files. One of my Synology NAS 4TB also holds and streams my extra music files so I don't need them loaded, and can do the same with my movie files.

I also plan to buy multiple units if everything works out for the unit. So eventually I will have a 64GB version, but I don't see the need to pay now for some space I will probably never use for now.

It also gives me a good excuse to buy a new one and pass this one over to one of my kids or co-worker. :)

So it wasn't one of budget constraints more than "let's see if we really like it or not and then buy more". Why pay hundred more or a couple hundred just for a bit more space? Only reason I didn't buy the wifi is I feel 3G is essential for it to be a truly portable device. Just my opinion.

Though had I known the final price would be $666.74 I would have gone with the 32GB version. The next order will be for the 64GB 3G if we decide to move over to them.

10. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

You only have to worry if you really don't have the money. Don't cancel either or apparently Apple will hold a grudge and not let you order again.

11. ReviewPC thread starter macrumors member

Well this was a tongue in cheek thread. I have no plans to cancel. :)

12. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Haha! If your iPad starts operating by itself just stop by your local Catholic Church :p

Seriously, it's just a number as you know. Congrats on your order and hope it's not delayed. :)