Should I bite the bullet and buy a new MBP before my European trip?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Haswell, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Haswell macrumors regular

I need a new MacBook Pro 13" (I currently only have a desktop) and I am leaving soon for a two month business trip to Europe. Then I'll only be back to the states for just two weeks before I head off to a three month business trip out of state.

So should I just bite the bullet and buy a MacBook Pro 13"? I do have some reservations about buying since it hasn’t been updated in almost a year, and a Skylake CPU would be really nice to have.

I guess I could always buy it and sell it on craigslist when the new models come out.

I did contact Apple about buying the MacBook Pro in the USA and returning it to an Apple Store in a different country, but there problems such as the exchange rate and power connections. So that's not really an option.

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

The general rule of thumb is; If you need it now and can't wait then buy it. It seems to me that you need it now and not at some unknown future date

3. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

The 12" MacBook is even better for travel, and it's got a bigger baseline SSD.

But yes, don't wait to buy a computer until you're over there. Euro gadget prices are high, plus that 20% VAT stings.

4. d0minick macrumors 6502

sucks dude. I am in real need now, but i can't bring myself to do it because of TB3 and USB 3.1 not on the current revision for 2K. If they did a small update i'd definitely jump in now. But my computers need to last at least 5 years. And i think TB3/USB3.1 will be the norm then.

5. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

Buy used until the new stuff is ready. Your losses will be minimal.

6. Fishrrman macrumors G3

7. burnsranch macrumors member

I ordered one a week ago. Adding the the April fool rumor, I have not got a ship date LOL. I even had to call and talk to them. Being in the Hospital, I am not sure what is going on LOL. Maybe they are giving out free MAC book pros on April 1 for birthday presents LOL