Should I Buy 4S or 5 Next Summer ????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4s16gb, Nov 9, 2011.

  1. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2011
    should i buy iphone 4s with ATT 2 year contract or buying full price unlock $ 969
    i heard new iphone will release in summer 2012 , so now is 11 , 7 month use ,

    anyone give idea for me , buy now or wait for new phone 2012

    thanks ......
  2. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

    Sep 13, 2011
    Sheffield UK
    Your life, you choose.
  3. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    If you want the new features present in the 4S, then get one now. The camera and Siri are really the two major features that are drawing people. If you want those, then get it.

    Personally, I'm waiting as the iPhone 4 is a great phone
  4. ericg301 macrumors 65816

    Jun 15, 2010
    no one knows when the next iphone will be released. everyone assumed that the model after the 4 (now the 4s) would be released this summer, as every other model had been. but it came almost 6 months later. will their be a new iphone next year? probably. but if you don't have an iPhone and want to join the club, go ahead and take the leap. unlike android, which brings a new model almost every week, an iPhone 4S will serve for fine.

    att is also generous with if you got a 4s now , you probably won't have to end up waiting for full 2 years to be eligible for an upgrade.
  5. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2011
    thanks ....

    the point is , will apple release in june 2012 or october 2012 , if in october then i go for iphone 4s if in june i'm may waiting , cause now is november that take close to june 2012 ...

    thanks ..
  6. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

    Sep 29, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    I'm waiting on the 5 (or whatever it will be called). My rationale is that if I'm going to be locked into a two year contract, I want it to be with an LTE phone.
  7. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

    Oct 7, 2005
    Way too long to wait, imho. Just pull the trigger now. If you always wait for the next big thing you'll never be happy, and never have a phone. ;-)
  8. RobHague macrumors 6502

    Jul 8, 2005
    Also, unlike Android where its a crap shoot if you will get the next Android release or not (depending on your handset, the brand etc) you are sure of at least 2 years of solid iOS updates. The 3GS got iOS5 and that came out in 2009!

    The 4S only came out a few weeks ago. If you wait for the 'iPhone 5' you might as well wait for the iPhone 5S (because that will be even better), and then the iPhone 6 because that will be better still...
  9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040


    Jul 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    We won't know what Apple will release and when. You have to make the choice yourself if you want to buy it now or wait.
  10. r2shyyou macrumors 68000


    Oct 3, 2010
    Paris, France
    I doubt anyone here knows when Apple will release their next iPhone. If I was you, I would get the 4S if I could comfortably afford it, otherwise I'd wait. Just my opinion.
  11. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2011
    kkkkkkk this sound cool .....

    ok i will upgrade to 4s in this march 25 $ 199 , if i buy now it charge me
    $ 450 , so , it better to buy in march on that time all unlock/jailbreak have it ....

    thanks ......
  12. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

    Sep 29, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    If you are going to wait until March then you may as well wait until the 5 is out. You'd probably be pretty fired up if you bought a 4S at the end of March and then in July-September time frame the 5 was released. At least that is how I would see it.
  13. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2011
    oh my , that really suck ....
    iphone make people too much busy hehhehe

    let see . i will upgrade $ 450 to use it .....
  14. map1978 macrumors 68020


    Feb 9, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL

    my 4, which is 16 months old now :D, is doing just fine, still super fast, and still has full battery life

    basically if you own a 4, IMO it's worth waiting to hold onto the upgrade

    my opinion of course ;)
  15. MayBee macrumors 6502

    Oct 21, 2011
    I don't see them releasing an iphone 5 in 2012 at all. They will likely re-design it and give it a new look, which should take more time and design, testing, etc.

    I don't believe Apple has confirmed any dates for the iphone 5 yet.

  16. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2011
    July 11, 2008 = 3g
    June 19, 2009 = 3gs
    = 11 month later

    June 24, 2010 = 4
    October 14, 2011 = 4s = 16 month later

    june or october 2012 = [ june 7 month later is too early new iphone ] [ october more make sence ]

    take a look 3g/3gs was release 11 month later

    4/4s was 16 month lately

    if next iphone release next year , i don't think release in june

    it might october or later , ...
  17. Irock619 macrumors 68000


    Sep 16, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    You would be able to sell the 4S to cover the early upgrade fee plus the new iPhone 5. You would be able to break even on the deal or perhaps make a little money. This is assuming Apple doesn't increase the prices for their phones.
  18. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2011
    ok i got answer , i go for iphone 4S now .....after take a view everything
  19. Eso macrumors 68000


    Aug 14, 2008
  20. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2011
    iphone is the best phone in the world now ... no one could beat it ...
  21. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

    Taz Mangus

    Mar 10, 2011
    Apple has now switched the release schedule for the fall. The next iPhone won't be released until the fall of 2012.
  22. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

    Nov 9, 2011
  23. takeshi74 macrumors 601

    Feb 9, 2011
    Best is a matter of finding what's best for the individual. No single device is one-size-fits-all.
  24. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

    Sep 30, 2011
    You'll have to wait a full year. Why don't you wait for iPhone 37 to come out, heard that kicks ass
  25. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020


    Jan 29, 2010
    Lexington, KY.
    I upgraded from the 3GS to the 4S. I've also already decided that if they release the iPhone 5 next year (whether it be in June, October, or December), and it has a bigger screen, LTE, etc. (all the bells and whistles people thought we were getting this time), I'm just buying it off-contract. I've already begun saving money for it. :D

Share This Page