Should I buy a laptop now with the Student discount Promo?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pimentel, Jun 29, 2008.

1. pimentel macrumors newbie

1. Should I buy a laptop now with the Student discount Promo? or i should Wait?
    2. Would you buy the top of the line macbook 15' or the 15 ' macbook pro or Air?
    3. Why?
    4. Shynier or matte Screen

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Only if you're eligible. Wait anyway.
    There is no 15" MacBook. It depends on what you do, anyway.
    Because.
    Matte, but it depends on what you do anyway.

Perhaps some help? For what will you USE it?

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I'd buy the computer when u need it. If u need it for school, I'd get it the week b4 u go, that way, if theere is an update, u will get it. Which system u get depends on your budget; get as much as u can afford. I have the MBP, but it is pricy compared to the macbook. The low end mbp is about the same cost as the MBA, but is much more powerful and functional.

I have the matte screen and love it. That is totally personal preference.

4. MPHL macrumors regular

MPHL

I really want a MBP to add to the collection. :)

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

exactly, so a thread like this with no information provided is totally useless

6. psg0 macrumors newbie

I finally plopped down for a new 15" MBP 2.5 GHz Penryn this past weekend, and took the plunge on a 32 GB iPod Touch with the Back-to-School promotion. My reasoning is that I never purchase the first generation of Apple products, and if the next update is going to be more than a refresh, I'd rather buy a tried-and-true MBP that's had the majority of the kinks already worked out. Same goes for Leopard. If the next MBP blows mine out of the water, I could care less. All I know is that I won't be shaking my head in frustration with this one (knock on wood).

#1: That's a personal decision based on how you look at it. See my reasoning above. I'm pretty happy with getting a 32 GB iPod Touch for free (-$200 for the education discount, +$200 for the 32 GB iTouch) for something I would've purchased without the promotion anyway.

#2 & #3: I wanted a desktop replacement that I don't have to sweat while lugging it around, so the high-end 15" MBP was the logical choice.

#4: Matte screen. Why? I don't really care either way.

7. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Are new MacBook Pro models coming anytime soon?

8. ben.mcmahan macrumors member

yes

if soon's range is 1 day - 9 months. :)

every one thinks they know, but no one really knows...(the rumors haven't picked up on anything imminent...which makes it all the more likely!