Should i buy a MBP 2010 for graphics and videogame design?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shaunrscott, Sep 24, 2010.

1. shaunrscott macrumors newbie

I need a laptop with a decent batterylife and good CPU/ GPU power, some of the prgrames i will be using are PC only, will bootcamp/ parallels be ok to use them in? im a complete klutz when it comes to this stuff... Oh and it must be in English £. THANKS!

2. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

be more specific with games and programs that you are going to use.

Running it in bootcamp will be the same as any PC with the same specs more or less.

3. shaunrscott thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow you replied realy quickly! Thankyou, umm well i'll be using "3DStudio Max, Blender, Director and Unreal Runtime Demo". I was just checking the CPU and GPU will be ok? in the higher end MBP im looking at the 17" with i7 (I've been saving for a LONG time lol!):]

Oh and i will be playing RTS games on it hopefully like starcraft 2 and medievel 2 total war (excuse the terrible spelling please)

4. rezatayebi macrumors regular

I bought a MBP with core 2 Duo 2.8 last year and it`s really good when it comes to dealing with intense 3d rendering.
    You won`t have any problems with 3ds Max. Although I would recommend upgrading RAM to 8 Gigs.

Also, my MBP`s glossy screen is annoying for doing color correction.
    I`m selling it to get a 17" with matte screen.

5. shaunrscott thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats brilliant thankyou! I wasn't sure if i should even get a mac but all i hear is there amazing for 3D, video etc. Thanks people for the help, I really appreciate it :). :D