Should I buy a MBP now or end of summer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mogulvogel, Mar 29, 2010.

1. mogulvogel macrumors newbie

hey guys, i have been looking at buying a MBP and wasnt sure if i should bye one now (at the end of the school year) or if i should wait until towards the end of summer. Do you think the prices will go down or do you think the technology will change? i know they have already made quite a few major changes with them already, like with the new processors and hardrives. what do you think?

2. iSax1234 macrumors regular

Well there is a suspected update overdue. Everyone doesn't know when or what but its suspected and due for a graphics/processor upgrade which will boost performance. Others wish for additional/different ports, screens, drives but are unlikely. Apple currently has 50 billion in capital it says it will use to bring macs to the next level and to raise company stock so who knows. The macbook pros are due for an update. Are you in college or available for a student discount? If so and you don't need one wait till the update and the ipod touch deal if you don't neeed it.

3. mogulvogel thread starter macrumors newbie

do you have any idea when the update might be? or when they have the ipod deal? yes i am a student, but i am going to sign up as a mac developer because you save about 20% on your entire first purchase

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

5. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

No you aren't.

You missed that boat. Developer fees are only 99 bucks across the board now, no hardware discounts anymore.

6. mogulvogel thread starter macrumors newbie

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's kind of too bad. I still have my discount, but I don't want to order any computers online... :p

8. mogulvogel thread starter macrumors newbie

haha want to give it to me lol

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't think that's even possible .