Should I buy an iPhone 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by J. J., Sep 12, 2013.

1. J. J. macrumors regular

J. J.

Hi. At the moment, as primary device, I use an iPhone 4S. It doesn't work bad, but I'd really like to enjoy the new features of iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s. In your opinion, should I upgrade or wait for iPhone 6?

2. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

If you're going to keep the same carrier for the next 2 years, it's basically a free upgrade for you.

Sell your 4S for $200, buy a new iPhone 5S for$199.

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Not sure how it works in Italy but in America we have 2-year contracts and only pay $199 upfront for the 5S.

If someone in America were to ask me this same question I would say to definitely upgrade since if you wait a whole year for the iPhone 6 you're basically throwing $250 away that your carrier is willing to give you through subsidy.

The fact that you would really like the new features of the 5S just seals it for me.

4. J. J. thread starter macrumors regular

J. J.

Here in Italy they sell unlocked iPhones only; unfortunately there are no contracts like that.

5. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Ah, yeah I figured it might be different.

I guess it depends on how much you can sell your iPhone 4S for, can afford to pay out for the 5S, and how much you want the new model.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

6. J. J. thread starter macrumors regular

J. J.

I think about 350$, and I think I'll buy the 64GB model. By the way money is not the main problem...