Should I Buy APPLE MACBOOK PRO 15" GLOSSY 2.4GHZ 2GB RAM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chach81, Oct 25, 2007.

  1. chach81 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2007
    #1
    I am looking at buying an APPLE MACBOOK PRO 15" GLOSSY 2.4GHZ with 2GB RAM but I was told that maybe I should wait for the next gen which will probably arive in january. The computer is a not a must have right now but it is something I am going to get either now or when the new gen comes out. I guess my question is, Will I be made if I don't wait?
     
  2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

    scienide09

    Joined:
    May 5, 2007
    Location:
    Canada
    #2
    If you don't need it now then wait for a line refresh.
    Don't wait forever -- there will always be something new around the corner to wait for.
    Today's purchase is no less powerful a computer just because something new is released tomorrow.

    Only you can decide whether to buy now or wait.
     
  3. Ultem macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Location:
    Breda, Netherlands
    #3
    I have just ordered this MBP, I've waited until Leopard was announced ....
     
  4. mavherzog macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2005
    Location:
    Columbus, WI
    #4
    yes
     
  5. mac000 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2005
  6. iToaster macrumors 68000

    iToaster

    Joined:
    May 3, 2007
    Location:
    In front of my MacBook Pro
    #6
    I've got the same, and it hasn't failed me yet. I do love it dearly, but if the 17"ers had LED backlights I would have gotten one, but the CCFL lamps make them a little dull for my tastes (next MBP=glossy 17" HD MBP, or equivalent whenever it comes time). So unless you have a $ problem, or a size issue, you could consider a 17". But if you don't need it, definitely wait, take some time to decide.
     
  7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #8
    If the current model has what you want, then go for it. If not, then wait. There will always be something newer right around the corner. I waited for my SR MBP because I wanted new graphics cards, and some other stuff. When they were released, I bought because they finally had what I was waiting for.
     
  8. Ariez macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2007
    #9
    Never play the waiting game with hardware, especially with apple.
     
  9. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2006
    Location:
    Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    #10
    I myself just bought the 15" 2.2ghz MacBook Pro refurbished to save some cash. Not a big fan of glossy myself. I have a glossy screen on my current 15" 2.16ghz MacBook Pro which was bought in March of this year (will be handed off to my wife to replace her aging iBook).

    From my research, the difference in the 2.2 and the 2.4 wasn't really worth the $500 price difference.
     
  10. Csmitte macrumors 6502

    Csmitte

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2007
  11. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

    Veritas&Equitas

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2005
    Location:
    Twin Cities, MN
    #13
    Live with a top of the line machine now, in the present. All these rumors get really old...if one does come out, sell it on eBay, you'll lose maybe $300, but you'll surely get your $300 of use out of it for the next 4 months...I know I will anyway ;)
     
  12. goldenlotus macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2007
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    #14
    My roomate just got the 15" 2.4GHZ with 4 gigs of ram and it screams! Of course you can get a newer design if you wait, but it is likely to at least be a few months. There is nothing wrong with the current design though, in fact they are great.

    Not sure what your current system is but my roomate upgraded from a 1.2 ghz Powerbook G4 and the difference is night and day.
     

Share This Page