Should I Buy APPLE MACBOOK PRO 15" GLOSSY 2.4GHZ 2GB RAM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chach81, Oct 25, 2007.

1. chach81 macrumors newbie

I am looking at buying an APPLE MACBOOK PRO 15" GLOSSY 2.4GHZ with 2GB RAM but I was told that maybe I should wait for the next gen which will probably arive in january. The computer is a not a must have right now but it is something I am going to get either now or when the new gen comes out. I guess my question is, Will I be made if I don't wait?

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If you don't need it now then wait for a line refresh.
    Don't wait forever -- there will always be something new around the corner to wait for.
    Today's purchase is no less powerful a computer just because something new is released tomorrow.

Only you can decide whether to buy now or wait.

3. Ultem macrumors newbie

I have just ordered this MBP, I've waited until Leopard was announced ....

4. mavherzog macrumors 6502

yes

5. mac000 macrumors 6502a

6. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I've got the same, and it hasn't failed me yet. I do love it dearly, but if the 17"ers had LED backlights I would have gotten one, but the CCFL lamps make them a little dull for my tastes (next MBP=glossy 17" HD MBP, or equivalent whenever it comes time). So unless you have a $ problem, or a size issue, you could consider a 17". But if you don't need it, definitely wait, take some time to decide.

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

If the current model has what you want, then go for it. If not, then wait. There will always be something newer right around the corner. I waited for my SR MBP because I wanted new graphics cards, and some other stuff. When they were released, I bought because they finally had what I was waiting for.

8. Ariez macrumors regular

Never play the waiting game with hardware, especially with apple.

9. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I myself just bought the 15" 2.2ghz MacBook Pro refurbished to save some cash. Not a big fan of glossy myself. I have a glossy screen on my current 15" 2.16ghz MacBook Pro which was bought in March of this year (will be handed off to my wife to replace her aging iBook).

From my research, the difference in the 2.2 and the 2.4 wasn't really worth the $500 price difference.

10. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

11. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Live with a top of the line machine now, in the present. All these rumors get really old...if one does come out, sell it on eBay, you'll lose maybe $300, but you'll surely get your $300 of use out of it for the next 4 months...I know I will anyway ;)

12. goldenlotus macrumors regular

My roomate just got the 15" 2.4GHZ with 4 gigs of ram and it screams! Of course you can get a newer design if you wait, but it is likely to at least be a few months. There is nothing wrong with the current design though, in fact they are great.

Not sure what your current system is but my roomate upgraded from a 1.2 ghz Powerbook G4 and the difference is night and day.