Should i buy Ipad Pro 9.7 now or wait and question about tempered glass

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ed_Napier, Sep 21, 2016.

  1. Ed_Napier macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2016
    #1
    Hello everybody, im a little confused about when new ipads going to release. Its been half a year since release of Ipad Pro 9.7. I need it now to read my comics, watch movies, serf internet in metro and different other stuff. The question is, in your opinion, should i buy ipp 9.7 now or wait for March(?) i guess. For sure i want to buy it now, but don't know will i be able to get good deal by selling it and buy a new one, if it will come up in March. I don't care about 12.9 version update, what i wonder, can Apple release update for 9.7 version in March? Thanks for your opinions and advices, much appreciated.

    Also, is tempered glass screen protectors are any good? Are they not causing distortion of screen? Or lowering sensetivity of touch screen? And is there any difference between them (brands and all). I want screen protector to not worry about screen. Here's what one user from reddit said : "Except having a tempered glass screen protector on top basically ruins all the anti-reflectivity display breakthroughs and adds a ton of parallax because tempered glass protectors are unreasonably thick." Thanks a lot.
     
  2. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2015
    #2
    I bought a 9.7 Pro Day 1 through Sprint which matched Verizon for $529 buck not $729 which the 32GB LTE model costs. Think that's $530 bucks only $30 more than the Air 2 just months previous. You can't IMO even compare the Air 2 and iPad Pro 9.7 it has so many new features.

    That being said we are at the end of September Christmas Holiday season are near. I would definitely say To wait I feel like Apple MUST update the iPad Pro 12.9 with True Tone and Dual Cameras and the A10X Fusion. And by Comparison Update the 9.7 Pro with 4GB of RAM and the A10X Fusion as well as the iPhone 7 camera single lens.

    So definitely wait. You will be highly tempted by the Holiday Season, but the wait will pay off.
     
  3. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    #3
    I would not expect any updates to the iPad Pros until spring. I would expect the 12.9 to be updated first.
     
  4. Ed_Napier thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2016
    #4
    So u think there will be no update for 9.7 version in March?
    Do u guys use any tempered glass for screen? What can u say?
     
  5. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2015
    #5
    I do use a cheap tempered glass Oleophobic glass protector that fits perfectly since day 1 I installed it flawlessly at work we have a clean room no floating dust particles no bubbles I can't even tell it's there neither can the Apple Pencil but I didn't use the pencil much so I returned it.
     
  6. Ed_Napier thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2016
    #6
    Is it causing image distortion? Or theres no difference on image with or without tempered glass? I heard that new antireflective coating is loosing its value, when u put on glass screen protector, but what about image?
     
  7. bufffilm macrumors 601

    bufffilm

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    #7
    Next March, don't expect the Pro 9.7" to be refreshed.

    If anything, Apple rumor is about a 10.5" iPad possibly to debut. I'd say maybe in the fall.

    Glass screen protectors are fine for the iPad.
     
  8. Ed_Napier thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2016
    #8
    so what do u think mate? should i buy Pro 9.7 now? I guess i wont need any bigger ipad anyway. want a bit of mobility, 9.7 is perfect for me
     
  9. bufffilm macrumors 601

    bufffilm

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    #9
    If you're in the US, periodic sales happen with Bestbuy, Staples, and other chains.

    It will go on sale for $100 off between now and Thanksgiving...buy it then. No reason to pay full price unless you need it now.
     
  10. masotime macrumors 68000

    masotime

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2012
    Location:
    San Jose, CA
    #10
    Just a thought, but you may want to consider just getting an iPad Air 2 instead if that is the extent of your needs. The processor is somewhat slower, but with 2GB of RAM it's unlikely to be obsolete any time soon.

    Being a cheaper device, any loss in value is likely to be smaller as compared to purchasing an iPad Pro at this time.
     
  11. Ed_Napier thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2016
    #11
    no, unfortunately im from Russia and we don't got any sales on apple products :(
    that may be a solution, im just very addictive to better screen, thats why i want to buy pro.
     
  12. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2015
    #12
    Buy only Pro the screen is a must have. Once you get use to True Tone and better colors you can see how bad the iPad Air 2 display is and has washed out greens and reds.

    Plus the 4 Speakers make all the difference and few people Notice the much faster DDR4 RAM makes everything load faster iPad Air 2 only has DDR3.

    and iOS 11 will finally Eliminate support for 32-bit CPU so Apple can really focus on 64-bit improvements. Like More Multitasking and Exclusive Live Wallpaper and Better Live Widgets
     
  13. Liisa01 macrumors member

    Liisa01

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2014
    Location:
    NC
    #13
    On sale now. Verizon is $200 off, AT&T $100 both at Best Buy.
     
  14. masotime macrumors 68000

    masotime

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2012
    Location:
    San Jose, CA
    #14
  15. bensisko macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2002
    Location:
    The Village
    #15
    If you want the Pro now, buy the Pro now.
    1. According to the rumors, no new iPads this year - Spring of 2017.
    2. Also, according to rumors, the BIG updates are coming 2018 (meaning the spring releases will be minor).
    3. If the Pro serves your wants/needs now, buy the Pro and don't worry about future releases (or you'll always be waiting for "just the next release".
     
  16. Moakesy macrumors regular

    Moakesy

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2013
    Location:
    UK
    #16
    +1 for buying it now.

    I went for it and love the screen, virtually no reflections at all and it hardly shows any finger prints. I have it in a cheap case off Amazon (less than £10, and it's great), and after months of use it has no scratches on the screen.

    Personally I would not but a screen protector as the case does that job for me and I don't want to spoil that great screen by sticking glass on top.

    It's your choice though....my iPad hardly leaves the house, but if you carry it around a lot it may be more likely to get scratched in your rucksack or whatever.

    If you do want the new model when it comes out, the IPP will still get you good money if you sell it, so the cost to upgrade will be offset and you'll have had around six months of use out of it.
     
  17. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

    Kal-037

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2015
    Location:
    Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    #17
    Buy 9.7" now with ZAGG glass screen protector. ZAGG make the best protective screens that don't have any distortion or issues and have lifetime warranty. Buying the 9.7" now still gives you 6+ months of awesome-ness (update for the 9.7" iPP most likely won't be until beginning or middle of April or end of March.)
    Buy it now as you said you want it. Sure, you can wait... But as someone mentioned before if you keep waiting that's all you'll keep doing.


    Kallum.
     
  18. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

    Eckscaliber

    Joined:
    May 30, 2012
    #18
    Don't wait, buy it now. Also, don't spend more than $10 for a TGSP. I get mine for less than $10 on eBay.
     
  19. Jessica08 macrumors regular

    Jessica08

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2015
    Location:
    Roll Tide
    #19
    I came here to ask the same question. I'm wanting an iPad Pro for Christmas, but I thought about waiting for the new model. I don't know if it will be that big of an upgrade so I think I'll go ahead and get one.
     

Share This Page