Should I buy locked or unlocked phone? (In HongKong)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rawk, Mar 6, 2008.

1. rawk macrumors newbie

hi guys and girls! :apple::D:apple::D:apple:

As mentioned in the title, initially I was looking around Hong Kong (been travelling) for unlocked iphones v1.1.3 (preferably) with all the bits and pieces ready (installer app, customized ringtone, compatible with any version of itunes etc.)

Then I came across yahoo HK auctions and found a couple of guys willing to sell me brand new and sealed LOCKED iPhones which is slightly cheaper.

I plan to buy unlocked v1.1.3 because I did not know there were people selling locked phones from US :rolleyes: until today.

I have been doing alot of research on unlocking and going for ZiPhone and so on but not very confident :(

I live in New Zealand, unlocked iPhone costs around NZD1399 (approx. USD1117) :eek:
    and in Hong Kong its way cheaper :eek: but slightly more expensive than US of course.

Ok my question.... is it really a piece of cake to unlock a brand new locked iPhone?

Anyone in Hong Kong wants to recommend me a good place to buy unlocked iPhone? ^_^

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

from what i have heard, with ZiPhone it is a peace of cake to unlock a phone, virtually one click and its done. i however, have not done it and have remained faithful to the almighty jobs