Should I buy macbook pro with the student discount now? Or hold out for the new ones?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JJBro1, Aug 30, 2013.

1. JJBro1 macrumors regular

With the student discount you save $200 on macbook pros. The promotion ends 9/6. Should I take advantage of it now or hold out in hopes of a new macbook pro on the way?

2. Laco macrumors 6502

I may be confused but you still get the money discount even after the back to school promotion ends. The only thing you do not get is the gift card. There will be a new Macbook Pro soonish, how soon is anyone's guess.

3. devilcm3 macrumors 6502a

the gift card is almost a worthless incentive to buy a mac in this B2S.

if they still give a free ipod touch which you can sell for cash, then yes...its an additional $100~$150 savings.

4. Starfyre macrumors 65816

Starfyre

Good things come to those who wait. Wait... Haswell will be worth it, especially with the better battery life, you might not even have to bring a charger around. You will have the best machine compared to your peers who took advantage of the back to school savings.

5. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

Get a refurb or an open box at Best Buy and save $400+ compared to the upcoming Haswell rMBPs.

6. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

X2 the discount is year around!

7. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

8. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Echoing the previous post, the education discount runs all the time. The only thing you lose out on is the freebie item.

Check with your school's bookstore. If they sell Apple products a lot of times they have bundle deals with a printer and other accessories.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Apple doesn't usually release new Macs when their is a discount program going. They wait a good month after it ends to release something.

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

As others have you stated, you can get the student discount all year long. The only thing you would miss out on is the $100 gift card promotion.

11. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

I was going to wait for haswell but think i'm just going to splurge on the deal bestbuy has this weekend. 200 off all rMBP + 100 off with student discount.

12. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

I was going to say what :eek:, but then I realised 9/6 means September in the USA.

You'll get discount for the old gen Mac when the newer Haswell ones are released.