Should I buy the existing Macbook Pro or wait for the updated version in April/May?


macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
My Toshiba laptop died recently and I am now looking into getting a Macbook Pro. I've been hearing rumours about the new Macbook Pro with higher resolution etc., possibly new design etc. Kind of in need of a laptop now, just wondering if it would be worth waiting for the newer version. Advice please!


macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
I'd say just buy it now and if the new refresh is that great you can resell it when the new one releases for a slight loss like 50 bucks or so.


macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
Buy now. There's no guarantee that there will be an update in April/May. Anything that you've heard that suggests that time frame is pure speculation.

If you can get by with waiting possibly until late summer/early fall, then wait. Otherwise buy now, and if the refresh is so incredibly amazing that you can't live without it then you can always resell and trade up.