Should I buy the Ilife or Iphoto 09 Imovie 09 and help with Quicktime pls.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PinkSakura, Mar 25, 2010.

1. PinkSakura macrumors member

PinkSakura

Hi, I am not an expert when it comes to Mac computer and so I want to ask if I need to upgrade or buy the Imovie 09,Iphoto 09 or do you call it Ilife altogether ? My Macbook is Mac OS X version 10.6.2 .I remember purchasing the Snow Leopard software on January.

I have thousands of pictures on my Iphoto and I love taking pictures. I also love taking videos and editing them to upload to youtube or facebook.
    I am not sure what version is my Iphoto and Imovie. Do you have any idea ?

Also, I would like to ask for your help. I accidentally deleted and moved to trash my Quicktime Player. I want to see the video on Imovie 09 on Apple's website but it says I have to download Quicktime because it says I don't have it. But when I was trying to install it, it says I can't because I have the Quicktime X.. How do I solve this ?

Pls. help me anyone ? I am a newbie here. I appreciate your response.
    Thanks so much.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

iLife includes iPhoto and iMovie - www.apple.com/ilife is a good way to inform yourself.

iLife '09 comes with any Mac purchased since spring 2009.

If you bought your Mac before that, you may have iLife '08.

You can find out by opening iMovie or iLife and selecting the "About iMovie / iPhoto" menu option.
    [​IMG]

To get back a working installation of SL, insert the SL DVD and re-install Mac OS X. Back up your user files if you want, but SL does leave them untouched, and once the installation is complete, your Mac will look like you left it, just that the system is renewed.

Or you could give this Apple support document a try. - Try this first.

Or you could use MRoogle to find out more.

3. PinkSakura thread starter macrumors member

PinkSakura

Hi, thanks for the quick response.. Did you mean SL as in Snow Leopard ? Are you sure my files would not be remove if I install the software again ? I have so many photos and movies I don't want them to be deleted.
    Thanks again.