iPad should i buy the ipad air just to test / review?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isephmusic, Oct 30, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

do people do that ? just to review a unit ? i want to buy it JUST to stress test the crap out of ios 7 taking up 20 % of ram. i want to see if the 1gb or ram really is adequate for the long run and doesnt crap out like an ipad 3 did after a year. if it fits me ill return it so i get a new one thats not been loaded up to the max in apps . or maybe ill return and do the same to a mini and see what i like best ?? ive never returned a product so im not sure which place has the best policy to do so. apple, best buy, or another retailer ?

would anyone be intrested in seeing the test and results or should i just buy it like i do any other products and if it sucks oh well im stuck with it until i put it on amazon/ebay

2. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Apple is your best bet, exchanging within 14 days will not be an issue. If you have the time and energy to do what you intended then yes please feel free to document it preferably with visuals via youtube.

Lets us know how you get on ASAP as I will be enjoying my AIR while your testing away. If you report back MAJOR issue i might return lol

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes, people do this.

And, it is wrong in my book. The store now has to refurb that unit, and sell it at lower price.

And, as more people do this stuff, the tighter return policies get. Eventually, even a shrink wrapped unit will NOT be returnable.

4. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

you are going to return the tested one because the tested one was loaded full of apps just to get a new one?

i got sum news for u bud... :eek:

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Seems to me that most people "test" an item when they first get it. If it doesn't meet their needs, they return it.

I don't see the point in returning it to get one that hasn't been "tested". There is always a chance that you will get one that has an issue.

6. hologram macrumors 6502

It's people like you who make it more expensive for the rest of us.

It's a childish, selfish, inconsiderate thing to do. If it doesn't suit your needs, return it. Otherwise, act like an adult and keep it. :mad:

It would serve you right if you exchanged it and got a lemon the second time around.

7. Macalway, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

Macalway macrumors 68000

If You buy one of these and return it, then let us all know so we can return ours :)

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Right..... ummm.... :D

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Review? By the time you get one, there will already be 50 reviews. There's already a dozen. Unless you're an incredibly gifted writer, no one will care about your late review.

10. Macalway, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

Macalway macrumors 68000

11. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

If you buy it from Apple, keep it relatively clean, and come back within 14 days with a seemingly justifiable cause for returning it, you should not have any problems.

12. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Buying something and returning because you don't like it or it doesn't fit your needs is fine in my book.

Returning something because you used it and intend to buy it again? Really?

13. Jburnette87 macrumors member

Jburnette87

This

OP listened to his mommy a little too much when she said he was special. :rolleyes:

14. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Why not just delete all of the apps? Idk what the point of returning the first one and buying a new one would be if you end up liking the iPad Air.

15. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

I returned a shrink wrapped ipad mini to staples, they busted it open to inspect! I said, "its not even opened, that is a shame your opening it" the dead head said anybody can reshrink wrap a box now....

SPOSE BYE

16. MLAM macrumors regular

Sounds like a complete retard there.

17. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

He has a point. A friend of mind's sister bought a "sealed" Macbook from some one. When she opened it it contained a power cord and a lot of paper (to add weight).

Not saying you would have done this, but businesses have to cover themselves.

18. jdaniel macrumors 65816

No no there are cons out there buy stuff wrap it back put a stone in there or something it's not unheard of

19. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No need to come up with a reason, you can just return it for no reason at all.

20. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Had the same thing happen and was told Corporate demanded this, so the sales person is not a dead head. He/She is taking orders from someone else to do this

21. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Sounds like a naive person there.

22. nostresshere macrumors 68030

He is right. It would not be hard to shrink wrap that box and make it look like new. Then a few days later, somebody calls in and complains because their "new" Ipad was really a box of dog turds.

23. MLAM macrumors regular

Don't give me that, maybe it happens far more in the states than it does in the UK to be a pronounced issue.

Weren't you the one who thought your iPad mini had 1GB RAM?

24. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Naive and mistaken are two different things. Naive is assuming no one would ever think to open an ipad box, steal the contents, reseal it and return it, in the year 2013. Mistaken is thinking the ipad mini has 1gb of ram. But nice try.