Should i buy the iphone 3G 8gb now or wait for the ipod touch 3rd Gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 6daniels, Aug 31, 2009.

1. 6daniels macrumors member

Theres a sale right now and it ends today they are selling the iphone 3G 8gb for 150$ with no contract and they are unlocked. And on the other hand the new ipod touch is coming what should i do iphone 3g or ipod touch 3rd gen?

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

2. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

I would definetlywait.Unless you want to use the iPhone as a phone, dont buy it. The new iPod touch will be better getting a speed bump. And if it gets a camera, it will be video whch is nice.
    Also where is this deal going on?

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

The 2nd gen Touch is faster than the 3G phone. Last year the Touch surpassed the specs of the phone, and it is possible that it will do that again.

For me personally, the Touch is the best option. I might be tempted on the lower price on the phone to give to my kids, but for ME, nope, i'd wait!

4. macsarethebest macrumors regular

personally i like the iphone design/backing better, but the ipod touch would be faster, and prob have a camera too. and for 200 you'll probably get 16 gigs, so I would wait. where is this deal, though?

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

If you primarily want a phone, buy the iPhone. The Touch will not work as phone.

6. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Yep. Always wait. Even if the iPod Touch 3rd Gen isn't as good, it's a lot better than getting the iPhone 3G then finding out that the iPod Touch 3rd Gen is better.

7. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

wait!!!! til sept 9th

wait!!!!:D

the ipod touch 3G will be better than the iphone 3G S!:p

and where is the sale at!!!!???????????????????????

EVERYBODY IS ASKING!????????? WHERE IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::mad:

8. 6daniels thread starter macrumors member

lol i found this web site http://www.zwee.com but its too good to be true and its a scam i've researched about it they take your money but send you nothing and then when you ask for a refund they act like you haven't bought anything from them. :eek: So waiting 9 more days wont hurt to get the ipod touch 3rd gen and i already have a cellphone lg rumor.

Thanks for advice !!!!!!

9. macsarethebest macrumors regular

well, now its official, only.... well until the 9th, anyway! :D