Should I cancel my online order and try my luck for stock at the apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rebirth83, Oct 4, 2013.

  1. rebirth83 macrumors member

    Apr 27, 2006
    Long story short since I just wrote something and I log out for some reason. Iphone 5 died a week and a half ago. It had never happen to me before and I've been using iPhones since the first one. Tried to restore because a problem with my music playlist. Once I hit restore it stop charging through my computer but able to with wall adapter. The "Dumba** Bar" in the Apple store said it was a glitch, wait for update(2 other people with same problem they said). Used it the rest of the day until the power was gone and died. Wouldn't come on anymore. The "Dumba** Bar" said coincidence what happen yesterday and died today.

    Anyway I didn't decided until I woke up on lunch day I really wanted the 5S. By that time it was 10:30 Am Pacific (1:30 ET). So I'm guess since the people who order within the first few minute hasn't gotten their phone it would be until at least Oct 21st until I get my Gold 64GB 5S. So should I wait or try my luck for it to come in stock in one of the apple store near me?
  2. trek360 macrumors 6502

    Oct 18, 2011
    I would stick with your on line order. The 64gb gold is one of the hardest to come by. I don't think you'll find that too easily in store anytime soon.

    It wasn't your original question and I'm not sure what your warranty and upgrade status are, but have you considered just replacing the 5 instead?
  3. Italianblend macrumors 68000


    Mar 21, 2011
    I'm pretty sure you can keep your online order and still search. If you happen to find one before it ships, apple can probably cancel your order and wait a few minutes for your eligibility and you can walk out with it.

    If it's not an upgrade price, then I don't see what the problem would be.

Share This Page