Should I case it up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleGoat, Sep 29, 2012.

1. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

I just got the iPhone 5, upgraded from the original Motorola Droid, you know the series with the QWERTY keyboard. While I miss the ease of texting on a physical keyboard, the iPhone is an insanely nice phone. What is with all these people clamoring about this and that?

Anyway, it looks so nice naked (as do other things) and I'm not so inclined to detract from the aesthetic by encasing it. Is this a good idea? Last night, when I was drunk, I dropped the phone but it sustained no scratch or scuff at all. I never had much of a history of dropping my Droid while drunk, but I suppose the iPhone is easier to fumble.

2. spiralynth macrumors regular

Kinda like sex the way I see it: If you're into risky behavior, case it up; if you lead a generally safe lifestyle, go bareback.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? :confused:

I use mine nekkid. It's too nice to cover it up.

4. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

I always use a case. For my white iPhone 5 I am using a Case-Mate Barely There case in a titanium color. It looks really nice against the white. It also protects the back and all four corners of the phone. The corners are where a lot of cracks and shatters are born. For me it's just a little piece of mind.

5. robaroo macrumors regular

isn't it the other way around? risky behavior = bareback. safe = wrap up. lol

6. spiralynth macrumors regular

Not unless you have a death-wish.

7. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I bought a Poetic iPhone 5 case from Amazon, has a frosted clear back so you can still see the back of the iPhone, but it being frosted means it won't scratch and scuff as easily like crystal clear iPhone cases.

8. somony macrumors newbie

9. NoOneHitsHarder macrumors member

I hate the feel of a case on my iPhone when I'm holding it.

I ended up buying a horizontal belt holster instead so I have protection but anytime I want to use it there's no bulky case messing up the beautiful design.

----------

An iPhone can be replaced (for $229) but Herpes lasts forever...

10. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I had a couple of those clear clip on cases like the barely there and nude... I didn't like the way they left the top front and bottom front of the phone exposed still. I went for the black griffin reveal for my white 5. I like how the black bumper on it contrasts with the white phone, and the clear back does a good job of keeping the back safe.

11. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I just got a KaysCase TPU clear from Amazon.com. I wasn't impressed when I took it out of the package, but once on the phone, it's really nice! It fits well, doesn't add bulk, covers all edges and buttons, and actually has grips on each side (textured strips). The back has an open circle around the Apple logo, and a s-shaped divider between frosted and clear so the back shows through. Really cool! Here's link...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097CMJWE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01

12. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

And anything you put on the internet lasts longer...