If you've seen my other thread you'd know that my iPhone 5 has a minor fault, significant static sounds when using the headphones, the phone is completely usable, the issue is definitely very annoying though. I spoke to Apple over the phone as the nearest Apple Stores are 400km north and south of me, the technician assured me the phone has a hardware fault but told me that they won't be able to replace my phone for 4-5 weeks due to demand and told me to call back then and quote my case number and they'd issue a replacement. However when I got off the phone I saw on my Apple support page that my case had been closed (which in my opinion it should not have been, because its ongoing) and it made me think that I should not have settled for waiting, I tend to be a little too accepting of compromises at moments. Do you guys think I should call back up ASAP and demand they replace my clearly faulty device? Or is it fair (or even the truth) that I need to wait for the demand to slow down? EDIT: Some people are taking this the wrong way, I should have used the word 'insist' rather than 'demand'. I'm not fuming over this and I won't be angry over the phone because of it. I'm just a bit annoyed that people close to a store can walk in and get a replacement but I've been told to wait almost 2 months. SOLVED!: Finally got around to calling Apple again, quoted my case number, the advisor checked the case details, reconfirmed them all with me, and I didn't even get around to asking for a replacement because the new advisor almost immediately told me they would send me a replacement as soon as they receive my faulty one using a mail slip they just gave me a link to. Kinda strange how the first guy told me they had no replacements... Anyway, happy ending Moral of the story, always call Apple again if you're dissatisfied with the first call.