should I exchange my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Nov 11, 2007.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

i have 5 series screen and have had this one for about a month but it has a few dead pixels when i start it up andone near the itunes button. Alo the bottom of the chrome bezel is scratche up from dust collecting under my agent 18 case. Not using a case anymore. How would i get apple to replace it if i were to go to a genius bar. What would i say. I also dont want an iphone with a negative black issue i had a few oike that it was awful

2. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

tell them its got a few dead pixels. that should be enough to get you a new iPhone. Make sure you go to the happy looking genius though, and not the grumpy one!

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 603

thadoggfather

Is that enough reason? I feel like they will say its within spec. And how do I avoid getting a negative black screen? Had some difficulty with that in the past

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 603

thadoggfather

5. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

I have one next to the iTunes button too. Weird thing is the display models in the apple store had stuck pixels where i had mine also!

6. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 603

thadoggfather

it's probably a common problem. look at my brothers 7457092 screen when it was booting up, he had a bunch of dim dead pixels throughout too (but not near iTunes). I don't like that the chrome bezel is scratched near the bottom but I can live with it. I don't want to get a 7452322 negative screen.

7. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

I think it is - the 'Genius' actually told me given how mine looks there is little point getting a new one as its likely all screens have similar stuck light or dim pixels. He is probably right given the location and severity of mine at the moment i am probably better off sticking with it

8. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Ok I just have to say that I am here in NY State in the USA, and if I paid 400 Dollars next to what the conversion rate is in the UK , I would tell the genius to stick the iPhone up his stuck pixels.

YOU PAID a TON of money and your going to stick with it because of stuck pixels, dammit people go and get a BRAND NEW one in the BOX.

9. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

There is no point.... i have 8 stuck pixels are varying intensity. Apart from the fact i know where they are they don't stop my enjoying my phone. If i was to hand you the phone you probably wouldn't know where they are and prob wouldn't see them.

Like others on this forum i could go through every dam iphone box in the store and not get one without negative black issues, a dead or stuck pixel. In fact i find it VERY hard to believe that all these people that claim they have PERFECT iphones actually do have perfect ones. Get a magnifying glass out guys and I bet you any money you will see stuck pixels on your iphone screen.

The only one that slightly bothers me is a cluster or 2 or 3 pixels that are lit. The genius told me i have until Jan 9th 2008 so to go away and see if it clears of its own accord and if its still and issue or the issue gets worse they will change it for me. No big deal

10. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

If I've gotta get a magnifying glass to find something wrong with my screen then as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with it..

11. colonelbutt macrumors regular

colonelbutt

I have no stuck pixels. If I had even one i would probably take it back as i find them very annoying.

you could try a website that attempts to fix stuck pixels,, e.g:
    http://www.killdeadpixel.com/

rgds

12. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

Actually i was exaggerating but if i hold my phone right up to my face i can see very lightly lit pixels in various locations.

Tried a pixel fixer and it didn't work.