Should I get a 5 or a 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1990, Sep 14, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

I've been wanting an iPhone since I started migrating over to the Apple ecosystem. I've had iPod's in the past - the Classic and the Touch (2nd gen), and I currently have a Nano - but my integration of the Apple ecosystem really started when I got my MacBook Pro and iPad, and I feel it makes sense for me to have a phone that's part of that ecosystem also, especially for iCloud. Plus, am needing a new phone since my HTC Incredible S stopped working, and am having to use a horrible BlackBerry Bold.

So, do I get the 4S or the 5? I like the fact the 5 has a 4" screen, because am used to that size screen from my Android phone, so downsizing might be a bit of an annoyance. I like the design and the fact that it's 'twice as fast' as the 4S. Also, the slight camera upgrades are a nice touch.

Other than that, I don't see much difference between the 5 and the 4S. I know the 5 is 4G, but I like in the UK so it doesn't really affect me.

Is there much else different between the 4S and the 5, apart from future proofing myself... at least for the next year.

What do you reckon? What should I go for?

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Suck it up and decide on your own. Go to www.apple.com and do the compare iPhone tab and see which one fits your needs, bank account, desire more.

Only you can answer the question which is best for you. Don't trust strangers to make a multi hundred pound decision for you.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Get the one that best fits your need and budget. If you don't have 4g available and don't care for the longer phone, then get the 4s. If those features interest you then get the 5.