Should I get an iPhone or Nokia Lumia 800 or Galaxy Nexus or Samsung Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samsandy, Dec 15, 2011.

1. samsandy macrumors member

Should i get the iphone 4s or try something different like the:
    Nokia Lumia 800
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy S2

I am a bit bored of the IOS user interface I've had a iPod touch for over 3 years and now i find it really boring. I like android because of the customization you have and windows phone because it is a completely new system.

Who else agrees with me and is getting something else

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Everybody has their own preferences
    You should get what you like the best and works for you

For me that is the iPhone
    That may not be true for anyone else

3. BainthaBrakk macrumors newbie

I think you'll be happy whichever you'll choose. Everyone of those you mention are great phones.

4. thenerdal macrumors 65816

Try them all out and decide for yourself, we can't decide for you.

5. macinnv macrumors regular

I agree with others and go to an electronics store when its not so busy and spend some time playing around with them. If it were me, I would take the GS2 off the list but thats after having only bad experiences with the Touchwiz skin. Others like it. Also, for each phone read the reviews from the big tech news sites and blogs. Such as The Verge, Engadget, Wired, etc. Also read some articles on the philosophy of each operating system, its as important as the hardware choice.

6. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I can decide for you. get the Galaxy Nexus. That was easy :)

7. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

Different people, different needs. I was hellbent on getting a Galaxy Nexus until I played with one this morning. Its a great phone, but it wont be good for what I do with my phone.

8. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Trying something new won't hurt for sure, but be advised that other phone manufacturers don't keep their phone for a long time. Unlike Apple, they easily forget the old phone and go on with another, just in a relatively shorter time.

And not just that, they usually stop support for the old phone just as soon as it discontinued. No OS upgrade, no software support, the only one thing left is 1 year warranty support if you still have it by the time it discontinued. And then it depends on community like XDA developers if they want to keep it go on.

Say if next year Android become less popular and WP7 start to shine, Samsung will just forget the Galaxy lines, and start to make WP7 Focus line popular as if Galaxy were never exist. Sad, huh?

At least Apple more loyal to its product, they develop the software, so yes .. Apple support its hardware much longer than its competitor, plus it's one phone at a time. Something I really love about iPhone. No confusion, no hassle of spec sheet etc.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This will not be true with the Galaxy Nexus. It has not been true with any of the previous Nexus phones, so there is no reason to make that assumption with this one. I would bet the the SGS2 will also remain supported for much longer than average. It is Samsung's flagship phone and they are enjoying tremendous sales nationwide.

10. samsandy thread starter macrumors member

Windows phone also has great support as well. S2 sales a very high so they have to support the device

11. scott craft macrumors 6502a

When I got my current phone I watched lots of videos, read lots of reviews and went to the store and played with phones several times. That gave me a pretty good idea of what I liked and didn't like.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

13. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

So I wanna get a new TV should I go with Samsung, LG, Vizio or Sony?! Can you guys help me decide please?

14. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

These posts that start out as "Should I get" are just Silly, when its your decision and only you can decide which one to get, not some stranger on any forum deciding for you, since we have different likes and dislikes. Can't you make up your own mind after doing a simple research on these phones ?

15. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

You need to stop -- you're making WAY too much sense . . .

16. Savor Suspended

Savor

To me, the Galaxy Nexus seems like the best phone but my fav OS is really WP.

I know Noah Kravitz (TechnoBuffalo) raving about his HTC Titan and he and Jon Rettinger used to be iPhone users. Seems like we all got more into WP all around the same time. Once you go back to iPhone, you would look at the GUI and realize how boring and static it has become. Android just seems to look too similar to it.

I've had Windows Phone for only three weeks and have preferred using it as my daily driver. But it isn't perfect yet. Needs more customization and apps. But at least you can't accuse Microsoft for stealing ideas this time with their Metro UI the way Google gets accused for with Android copying iOS.

17. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

I'd consider the Galaxy S2 or the Nexus if I was on T-Mobile's 49.99/mo plan for 2 lines. Right now we're paying 129.99 for 2 lines with unlimited text and data and 1500 shared minutes, with 2 Blackberry Curves.

When we're eligible for upgrade in February of this year we unfortunately get hit with the $10 per month per line "premium" data fee on Sprint, which will push our bill up to $150. We'll be leaving Sprint to another carrier.

We're deciding between the T-Mobile plan for $90/month after discounts for unlimited text, talk, and web (throttled to 1MBPS down after 2 GB) or the AT&T Nation 700 plan with the family messaging unlimited. The AT&T plan would cost around $130 a month for the two of us with iPhones. Obviously, a difference of $40 per month times 12 months is $480 per year.

So, I'd first find a CARRIER that you like, then figure out the phones you want from that carrier.

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Galaxy Nexus.

And that's because we won't have to see more complaint posts on MR about the 4S.

:)

19. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a