Should i get Bose QC 15 headphones or QC 20i earphones?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gusping, Dec 15, 2013.

1. gusping macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I current own a pair of Sennheiser HD598 headphones and Bose IE2 earphones which are both fantastic however i'm feeling a new purchase (QC 15 or 20) is in order but i am torn between which one to get. I would use them when out and about which makes me think the smaller QC 20s would be better however as i can't try them on in any shops i'm tempted to buy the QC 15 headphones. Could anyone try and help me decide by commenting or give any knowledge or experience they have with either.

Thanks very much.

2. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I absolutely love my QC 15s however I am a college student so when I am using them it is mostly for noise canceling in the library, caf, etc. When I use them for regular music/movie listening... I sometimes get annoyed because I can't turn the noise canceling off. I think with the QC 20 you can.

3. crouchingtiger macrumors member

I just got the QC 20i earbuds. They are fantastic. Two things separate them from the QC 15 in my opinion: The QC 15 was always uncomfortable after about 4-5 hrs into a flight (pressing against my ears). The 20i have a neat button that gives an "aware" mode with only mild noise canceling.

Noise cancelling function is amazing, and not just for airplanes -- I was surprised at how much they improve even a quiet office environment (HVAC noise, etc.).