Should i get my air replaced because of this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by maddog91, Jul 19, 2012.

1. maddog91 macrumors regular

Just noticed this imperfection on my screen.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?Bother me now that I noticed it. But I'm thinking long term here. So not sure what i should do.

Its that white mark between the paragraphs.

2. John Adams macrumors regular

If I am going to pay Apple's exorbitant prices for a their products, it better be 100%.

Take it back.

3. MacBird macrumors 6502

It looks like a pressure mark, I would return it.

4. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

MY problem is, I added a vynil on the back of the screen. Yea it was only 10 bucks, but its the hassle of buying another, re-placing, ect.. I think im going to call and complain for wasting my time adn resources. This is my 3rd Air. first 2 had speaker and some weird noise problems.. I get lemons all the time. I want to be compensated. Just don't know what to say. This is annoying.

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

This is all you will able to see from this point on....

[​IMG]

I say change it.

6. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

I think im going to call and see what they can do for me.I demand some sort of incentive at this point. Long time loyal customer, can't keep swapping stuff out for kicks and giggles..Pathetic and annoying.

7. MacBird macrumors 6502

Unless, you have other computers, you could ask them to send a new one and after receiving it, send this one back.

8. snow blind macrumors regular

Good luck with that.

9. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

I once received a 200$ gift card because a rep wouldn't return my calls.. Not bragging, just saying. Sand up for yourself when a company doesn't do whats right,

10. blimey48 macrumors newbie

Are you sure it didn't get damaged while applying the vinyl? Pressing too hard on the back of the screen?

Getting "lemons" sucks, but the idea that you should be compensated for it is a little ridiculous imo...

The company DOES do what's right by replacing it...they're not going to just give you money out of the cash register!

11. maddog91 thread starter macrumors regular

100% it was not the vynil placing. I did it with the screen open. And this would be my 3rd air being replaced... Tolls, gas and miles I put on my car doesn't add up? Time as well.

12. stchman macrumors 6502a

For what Apple charges for their laptops, they better be 100%.

13. KPOM macrumors G5

Time and inconvenience have value. I think if someone receives 3 legitimately defective items that it isn't unreasonable to ask. Whether it's a gift card, an upgrade to a BTO model, or even just a few accessories, it could help preserve a customer relationship and companies will often do that.

14. Nerio27 macrumors member

I was offered a free accessory when I called about replacing a MBA that I just bought. I got the replacement MBA the other day and my magic mouse is arriving tomorrow. All I said was that it sucked to have to wait for them to receive the defective MBA before they sent the replacement, and I was offered an accessory and they said they'd ship the replacement as soon as I dropped the defective one off at FedEx.

I would send that back. A scuff on back of the screen by the apple logo is something I could shrug off, but not a scuff on the thing I'll be looking at 100% of the time I use it.

15. Rockoar macrumors regular

Rockoar

I'll return it right away and will also ask for some kind of compensation for the hassle because you deserve it.