Should I get the 32GB iPhone and 8GB touch or 16GB iphone and 16GB touch???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SunDevil4Life, Jun 9, 2009.

1. SunDevil4Life macrumors newbie

hello, I want to buy the iphone but not sure if to get the 32GB or 16GB. I will also buy a Macbook Pro so I would get a free iPod. The problem that I have is to either get the 32GB iPhone and get the 8GB iPod touch (FREE) or 16GB iPhone and 16GB touch ($70 bucks)

thanks

Go Devils!!!

2. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

Just get the 8GB touch, and sell it on eBay. You dont need an iPhone and a touch.

3. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I only have an iPod touch because iPhone doesn't have enough storage. Get 32 gig iPhone and sell 8 gig touch.

5. KratosKilla macrumors regular

How much are the 8 GB iPod Touches getting online? Where would you recommend selling one?

6. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

32GB iPhone and get an iPod classic :D Great for the car or plugging into a stereo system. Take ALL your music with you!

Or just sell the 8GB touch. Definitely get the 32GB iPhone!

7. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

Get a 32 GB iphone. Once you have an iphone you wont use your touch anymore. Sell the 8 gb touch on ebay or craigslist to help recoup the cost of the 32 GB iphone.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I agree with TBi, but only if you have that large of a music collection.

9. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

I say get the 32gb iPhone for yourself and grab the 8 gb Touch and save it to give it as a gift. You'd get big brownie points!

10. thecheda macrumors 6502

Sell the iphone

You do not need the touch, sell it on ebay. Iphone has all the features and more.

11. SunDevil4Life thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you all, I have an old 30GB iPod that I use for my car only, so I probably won't be getting the classic and will probably get the 32GB iPhone and 8GB touch.

thanks for all your input

12. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

120GB is 4 times more storage for your car! :D

You'll get the price of the touch off the classic. So why not?

13. Village macrumors member

Question for anyone: who uses their iPhone for music as much as they used their old iPod, which it replaced?

I'm also going to get an iPhone but am concerned that if I use it 4+ hours a day for music on top of its phone and web use, then it may not make it through the day. By keeping the old iPod to listen to music I could save $100 and get the 16Gig iPhone. Does that make sense?

14. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

The battery life while using it for music is actually quite good. If you use the remote to change songs (save you from using the battery draining backlight) then you'll get a very long time out of it. You'll probably have to recharge at the end of the day though.

My iPhone lasts about 2 days of light usage so playing a lot of music will bring that down a bit.