Should I Get The iPhone 5 When It Comes Out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 456elite, Jun 12, 2012.

1. 456elite macrumors newbie

Now that I have a job and pocket money I was thinking of saving up for the iPhone as well as the summer holidays, I'm currently on a 3GS, it's water damaged so its usually stuck in dock mode when nothings plugged in, the power button is also a bit stuck and I on one hand I would love the idea having these sorted and of course retina display, better battery, front and HD cameras and of course Siri, etc, but then I've kind of grown attached to my old 3GS, (also I grow attached to every phone I have) and will the upgrade be worth it when my 3GS still runs the essentials fine, the only thing I can see the iPhone 5 having is LTE which isn't even out in the UK yet?

What do you think? Will it be worth it?

2. ah123 macrumors regular

It's entirely personal choice - to some people it will be worth it, to others, not so. Best bet is to wait and see what Apple actually release in the next iPhone then decide whether it's worth it to you or not.

3. cperchard macrumors 6502a

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

5. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

6. Sunsean macrumors 6502

As others have pointed out, it's obviously entirely a personal choice, but I can tell you that you will experience a night/day user experience going from a 3gs to the new iPhone. The difference would already be pretty significant going from a 3gs to a 4s, so I can only imagine it'd be more so making the jump to the new one.

But if the 3gs works, and more importantly, you're happy with it, then why switch? You're right, they will both do the basic functions. But with the new one whole new worlds will open up as far as what you can do beyond the basics....MUCH better camera, screen, data speeds, etc.

7. 456elite thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone, think I might get it if there's anything good and if I get some Christmas money towards it, if nothing major might get a cheaper 4S, it'll be nice to be up to date even though I'm grateful for my 3GS

8. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Lmao :cool: I agree

9. chokem macrumors 6502

Absolutely. My 4S is exponentially better than my 3Gs was, so I'm sure the i5 will be extraordinary.

10. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Should I get a shower afrer I'm done exercising? The amount of threads in which people can't make decisions and think for themselves is pathetic.