Should I go down to 32 GB from 64 GB iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Sep 19, 2013.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Apple's capacity pricing truly annoys me. A 16 GB phone has all the technology, but if you want 64 GB capacity, on contract, you pay twice as much. Or even off contract, $200 a big increase just for memory.

The last two phones I had the 64 GB varieties as they allowed me to have EVERY song from my iTunes library.

Nevertheless, again it annoys me to pay so much extra for storage.

Is anyone downgrading to save some money this year?

Apple should truly reshuffle these size and pricing offerings. 32 should be entry, then 64, and then 128.

Thanks for your advice/thoughts.

2. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Its only a $100 more to get the 64GB, but in my personal opinion that is way to much lol. Just scratch some songs then!

3. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah sorry if that sounded incorrect. $200 between 16 & 64, which is an enormous amount for memory alone.

That is why I was perhaps going to split the difference and get 32 to save $100. On principal, it just feels wrong to spend so much extra on memory.

4. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Oh yes sorry, I thought you were going from the 32GB. And yes that is a good idea. It all depends on your money situation and if your willing to budge.

Let me tell you this, I have a 16GB iPhone 5 and I have 6GB left...with 141 songs, not that many apps, I would say less than 100. For me this is fine but if its not for you then it might be worth your while to go with a 32GB.

5. datapolitical macrumors regular

datapolitical

I honestly really hated having to worry about downloading apps. My catalog of songs I've got a chance of wanting to listen to is about 15 GB. I've got a few movies from over the years, so it's nice to have at least one film. And then there are the apps. This is my third iPhone (16GB 3G, 32GB 4, 64GB 5).

Two things are true: the apps are getting bigger (and even moreso now with the requirement for 64bit and 32bit code, as well as five screen sizes). I knew when I bought my iPhone 5 I wanted it to do everything I needed, not just in 2012, or 2013, but in August of 2014.

I have a feeling that by then, 64GB will feel a lot like 32GB did last year. You're betting on a phone that you'll replace in fall 2015. Any idea how big the content will be by then? Do you want to have to choose?

I didn't, so I paid more. I know it's a ripoff. Apple makes something obscene like $90 on the $100 increase. But that's their business model. It's very literally the price of doing business.

6. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Well that depends... do you need to keep more than 28GB on your phone?

7. MikhailT macrumors 601

Are you planning to do a lot of stuff with the camera, such as taking pictures, recording videos and so on, which is one of the reasons folks get the high-end iPhone model? I usually eat up about 10GB in my camera roll alone and often have to upload off to my Macs.